cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone keep getting cut off

jalaldevil
On our wavelength

Been trying to call Virgin Media for the last 2 hours and I'm keep getting cut off, even when the CS tried to call me back it cuts off after 20 seconds.

Looking online on Twitter several people are having the same issues, there is no online chat or any other way to speak to them. 

Is it me on Vodafone having this issue or Saturday just a busy day at Virgin Headquarters and they can't handle the call volumes?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thank you for getting back in touch with us @jalaldevil

I have been able to access your account details using your forum details to further look into your speed issue.  In this case, I have booked an engineer appointment for you.

You can find details of this on your my VM account under upcoming orders and appointments. You can also amend the appointment there.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

15 REPLIES 15

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jalaldevil, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you are having an issue with phoning in. The lines can get busy sometimes but the team are working as hard as they can to reach you as soon as possible. 

What were you calling about? Is there something we can help with from here instead?

Pop back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

goodbodyj
On our wavelength

There have been Vodafone issues with calls getting dropped after a short time, in Hertfordshire at least, could be elsewhere too. 

I think they've fixed it now (Sunday) but you could look at the status in your area using https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker 

Good luck!

jalaldevil
On our wavelength
Hello Kath,

Recently my broadband has been very sluggish. I have been on constant 100mb for the last year, however in the last 2 weeks when my contract has come to an end suddenly my speed is being throttled on all devices at 27-30mb on all devices whether it's wifi or wireless. It's very odd this only occurred in the last 2-3 weeks when it has been fine for the past 11 months.

I've set up a BQM today although not sure how helpful this will be: https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/76540d2f61f878014be4646dc7db049058...

I even upgraded the broadband speed to 200mb today and still the same issue. I genuinely think it must be my line or superhub as I haven't touched any settings, so find it odd after 11 months of usage it can be throttled to 27-30mb all of a sudden.

If this is any interested here is the recent log from the router. 

25/05/2021 17:43:34ErrorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
25/05/2021 07:47:16criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
23/05/2021 22:03:36noticeLAN login Success;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
23/05/2021 07:41:44criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
21/05/2021 20:58:13ErrorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
19/05/2021 11:31:1criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
18/05/2021 06:33:51ErrorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
16/05/2021 19:13:44criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
14/05/2021 08:32:36ErrorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
09/05/2021 07:28:47criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
09/05/2021 04:27:15ErrorDHCP RENEW WARNING - Field invalid in response v4 option;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;
06/05/2021 04:34:27criticalNo Ranging Response received - T3 time-out;CM-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CMTS-MAC=**:**:**:**:**:**;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Thank you for getting back in touch with us @jalaldevil

I have been able to access your account details using your forum details to further look into your speed issue.  In this case, I have booked an engineer appointment for you.

You can find details of this on your my VM account under upcoming orders and appointments. You can also amend the appointment there.

Please let us know how you get on.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

jalaldevil
On our wavelength

Thank you very much, I just got the text message a few minutes ago confirming the schedule visit. 

Very speedy response, thank you!

Glad to hear this @jalaldevil.

Please let us know how the appointment goes and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

jalaldevil
On our wavelength
Engineer came round today (on a bank holiday too), got confirmation via text and also a phone call beforehand.
He managed to disable one of the incoming frequencies and a factory reset and reinstalled the firmware again.

Got my speeds back on wifi on every device as well as my BT Whole Wifi discs.

Thanks a lot for your help, really appreciate calling the engineer as I know phone staff are hesitant to request this due to the cost associated with the call out.

Thanks for coming back to us jalaldevil,

Great to hear all sorted 🙂

Do check in should you ever need us

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill