cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone calls after cancelling

pjskipper
Tuning in

Just two days after giving notice of cancellation I’ve had five calls from virgin offering me deals and that’s just on my mobile number. I’ve unplugged the landline. Surely this is bordering on harassment. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Forum staff: As per Ofcom's rules we're obliged to make you fully aware of all options you may have when requesting to cancel 

I think that's untrue.  As I understand the various rules, VM are obliged to make options clear on the end-of-fixed-term communication, but that's not an obligation to keep hassling people by phone after they've issued notice, nor is there any obligation to make customers aware of other options when they call to cancel.  

If you want to correct me, then feel free to point to the clause that says VM have to keep spam calling customers during their notice period.  Here's the rules, get looking!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hey pjskipper, thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you're not happy with what's followed your cancellation request. As per Ofcom's rules we're obliged to make you fully aware of all options you may have when requesting to cancel so you may opt for what's best for you given the circumstances as those may vary from customer to customer. If you do not wish to change your mind you can simply ask our team to proceed to the cancellation after rejecting all other offers. ^AG

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I was made fully aware according to Ofcom rules when I made my phone call to cancel. So why do I need another 5 calls in two days to tell me what I have already been made aware of.

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Forum staff: As per Ofcom's rules we're obliged to make you fully aware of all options you may have when requesting to cancel 

I think that's untrue.  As I understand the various rules, VM are obliged to make options clear on the end-of-fixed-term communication, but that's not an obligation to keep hassling people by phone after they've issued notice, nor is there any obligation to make customers aware of other options when they call to cancel.  

If you want to correct me, then feel free to point to the clause that says VM have to keep spam calling customers during their notice period.  Here's the rules, get looking!

Hi @pjskipper thanks for your reply. 

I appreciate this may be frustrating for you - you can opt out of marketing calls via your My Virgin Media account, we'd recommend doing this if you haven't done so already.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Ah, if only changes didn’t take 28 days to take effect.

Last day of service for me, at least five call attempts today from VM, and that after I'd already confirmed to a retentions agent that I'd contracted with a new supplier, was happy with that, and would not be willing to come back to VM at any price.  

Imagine if VM put as much effort into customer service and support as they do into new sales and retentions, we wouldn't recognise the company, and we probably wouldn't be leaving.  I reckon it all went wrong when Telewest merged with NTL, because NTL were the dominant management partner, and it was from NTL that the tradition of tishe customer service originated, and the LG takeover and VM rebrand had no bearing on any of that..

I am sorry it can take up to this long.

We understand these type of marketing promos aren't for everyone.

Please feel free to block the emails / numbers. Thanks

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?