cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment taken after cancellation

Dazza963
Tuning in

Hi

I rang virgin to say I wouldn't be needing there services due to financial situation. I rang on March 30th and made what I thought last payment on 15th of April.  My Internet snd tv services were cut off.

I have now received a bill of £64 for April to.may . I had no Internet or tv 360  and cannot understand how they can charge me when my contract ended April 15th. I have all emails that I informed virgin 30th of March. 

• Can they fo this???ì

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

2 REPLIES 2

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Dazza963, thank you for posting to bring this to our attention!

Sorry to hear there has been some concern regarding your bills.

When you terminate services with us there is a 30 day notice period before your services are disconnected. As you are billed in advance you are billed right up until the day your services are disconnected. Following this if there are Pro-rata charges for services you are billed for but will not be using you then are refunded. It may be the case you have a refund or credit on the account which is awaiting return to you following your disconnection. 

Once your account is disconnected any remaining credit is sent to you via cheque, this can arrive up to 45 days following the closure of the account due to processing and postage. 

I can take a look into this further for you to see exactly what has happened and offer further insight, I will just need to send you a PM to confirm a few details first! You will find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 

We can return to the public thread with an update as soon as possible!

All the best. 

Molly

Thankyou molly

I would appreciate you doing that.