cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment of bill following cancellation

TresFrustre
Up to speed

I severely criticised Virgin Media’s advanced billing on cancellation policy on another thread. One of the Forum Team gave a reason why it is done that way (customers changing their mind). I accept this explanation as reasonable.

My situation is that a disconnection has been agreed for 20th February. On 7th January I was billed for normal ongoing services up to the 27th February.  This bill will be paid as normal by direct debit.

As I understand things, because I will not have actually been disconnected, Virgin will raise a bill on 7th February for:

• services to 27th March or thereabouts
  • charges for phone calls where I’ve gone over the hourly free limit

This bill is payable by, say 28th March.

I don’t change my mind about leaving.

I am planning to pay only the part of the bill for the calls by 28th March and ignore the part for the service because I’ve left and so that part of the bill is invalid.

Will I be following the correct process?

4 REPLIES 4

TresFrustre
Up to speed
To be clear, if others are seeking an answer. My question relates to a 30 day rolling contract only.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @TresFrustre thanks for posting. I will be responding to you privately regarding your message on the other thread.

However in regards to this question.  If you do go ahead and all your services fully cancel on 20th February and your bill for the previous month covers you up to 27th February, then providing there was no chargeable usage, e.g. Pay Per Views or calls, we'd owe you back 7 days of your service charge.  If in that eventuality, I would recommend contacting us on 21st February to ensure no further payments leaving your bank account in relation to the package price.

Regards

Lee_R

Thanks @Lee_R

The problem is I've lost confidence in VM's admin due to the Nottingham cancellation address fiasco. Also, I've become influenced by the cancellation problems folk are/have experienced on this forum. The result is I want to pay what's due and no more. My aim is to keep any refund amount to a minimum so if a refund cheque doesn't turn up my loss is mitigated. I can only do this by taking control of the payment method. That is, cancelling the direct debit and paying the £2 or so I owe for phone calls by an alternative.

That's completely your decision @TresFrustre and I completely understand it.

Regards

Lee_R