cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment increased despite arranging a lower monthly charge

lizzie43
Tuning in

I was expecting to pay a reduced amount this month. I spoke with someone in retention dept. and they said they’d  reduce my payment, but it hasn’t reduced.  I’ve got 5 months left before my contract ends and was expecting to pay the amount shown on the footnote of my account.  I’ve been with Virgin since Blueyonder days, I find it stressful having to haggle and I don’t want to contact them any more.  Any help would be appreciated. 

9 REPLIES 9

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @lizzie43 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the community forums, were very happy to have you on the team. 

I am so sorry to hear that you have faced this issue with after speaking to our teams, can I ask what the reduction in price was in regards to? When was this reduction agreed? 

Thank you

The monthly increase was more than I can afford and the discussion was on 23 February.

Thanks for coming back to us @lizzie43.

I'd be happy to look into this for you, so we can gain some clarity for you.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for working with me via our private messaging function @lizzie43, and I'm pleased we were able to gain the clarity required on your agreement with Virgin Media.

Do feel free to come back to our Community Forums if you require any further assistance and we'll be happy to assist you where possible.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

lizzie43
Tuning in

I’ve just been on the phone to Virgin to ask why I’m paying more in monthly charges than my contract states.  The answer wasn’t helpful - I didn’t under stand it!  so I asked to speak to a manager and was told I’d have to register a complaint.  And it could take weeks to reply because of the high volume of complaints!  Any advice please.  Thanks. 

Hi @lizzie43 thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

Please allow me to send you a PM so I can look into this further for you.

Kindly expect the PM from me to arrive shortly, and respond directly when you can!
Many thanks

Tom_W

lizzie43
Tuning in

I’ve been in contact with various people on this forum and was assured that my account would be credited.  That hasn’t happened.  The only option I have left is to cancel my direct debit.  My contract comes to an end next month. 

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Your past topics don't provide too much detail of the issue but cancelling your direct debit is only likely to compound your problems with VM.

Whatever the rights or wrongs of your case, if VM is expecting a direct debit payment, which then fails, it sets in motion VM's debt recovery processes. Unlike most of VM's business operations, these recovery processes seem to work very efficiently for VM, sometimes ultimately resulting in the customer receiving defaults entered to their credit history and contact from debt collectors.

Unless you have given your 30 days notice to VM, you are still 'in contract' with VM and you move to a rolling 30 days once outside your minimum term.

There is a convoluted process of 'final billing' when you leave VM so it is also wise to keep and direct debits in place until that leaving process is fully concluded.

If you have made no progress in resolving your billing issues with VM, your next step would be a formal complaint to VM first of all

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/complaints

This is likely to result in a gobbledegook 'resolution' but is a required formality before escalating to Ombudsman Services for arbitration

https://www.ombudsman-services.org/

Hi lizzie43, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I can see that you in a PM with Dave and he is back in tomorrow and will pick up the PM then. 

He will get things resolved for you. 

Kind regards, Chris.