Menu
peterbogle73
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Payment extension for current bill

Hi, 

I read somewhere that if you are experiencing financial problems and therefore unable to pay your current bill that it is possible to sign into your account and go into bills and payments and there should be a menu with an option on the left hand side somewhere that allows you to 'apply for a 14 day extension' on your current bill??? 

Can anyone tell me if this is correct please because I cannot find this option anywhere within the bills and payments section of my account???

Also, what are the criteria for being allowed to set up a 'Hardship payment plan' for my current bill and over how many months will they allow you to split the payments?

Which dept can advise me about this?

I am a self employed Painter Decorator and recently came to the end of completing a 6 month contract. Unfortunately, the client went into liquidation before paying me for the 6 months worth of work I had done.

Consequently, I am suffering the knock on effects of not receiving final payment for this large job and I am suffering financial hardship.

I rely heavily on the services of Virgin Media to be able to continue running my painting and decorating business so do not want my services restricted as this will only make matters worse.

Can anyone help me with this please asap before my next bill for next month is produced in 3 days time?

Thanks,

Peter Bogle

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Payment extension for current bill

@peterbogle73wrote:

Hi, 

I read somewhere that if you are experiencing financial problems and therefore unable to pay your current bill that it is possible to sign into your account and go into bills and payments and there should be a menu with an option on the left hand side somewhere that allows you to 'apply for a 14 day extension' on your current bill??? 

Can anyone tell me if this is correct please because I cannot find this option anywhere within the bills and payments section of my account???

No its not correct.

Also, what are the criteria for being allowed to set up a 'Hardship payment plan' for my current bill and over how many months will they allow you to split the payments?

Which dept can advise me about this?

I am a self employed Painter Decorator and recently came to the end of completing a 6 month contract. Unfortunately, the client went into liquidation before paying me for the 6 months worth of work I had done.

Consequently, I am suffering the knock on effects of not receiving final payment for this large job and I am suffering financial hardship.

I rely heavily on the services of Virgin Media to be able to continue running my painting and decorating business so do not want my services restricted as this will only make matters worse.

Can anyone help me with this please asap before my next bill for next month is produced in 3 days time?

Thanks,

Peter Bogle

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Payment extension for current bill

Hi Peter

Many thanks for taking the time to pop by.

I am sorry but we don't have a 14 day extension. That being said if you are having difficulties then please pop to speak to our Care and Collections teams who will look into any options they can to support you.

You can contact them via 150 or 0345 454 1111.

Let us know how this goes for you.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos