cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paying nearly double for bill and can't get anywhere

Drakey1980chris
Joining in

Been on to customer complaints twice now.once earlier in the year and was told it would be escalated and a manager would call me.never did and case was put as resolved to my annoyance I have rung up again 2-3 week ago to get a reply off yes I can see issue of your bill being double and I'll get manager to re-imburse you and will put account back to what it should be,low and behold its still the same and nothing done.any1 shed any light on what to do next as they keep taking £131.50 instead of £59.37,cheers for any help Chris.

10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
does the bill breakdown not say what these charges are? calls, rented items etc

Yeas I've got a breakdown,it seems from my move of address they've messed up,instead of moving me over on my existing contract theyve set up a new contract from January from when I moved in?? I didn't agree at all to this

Anonymous
Not applicable
yep, that's typical of VM - a home move should only incur a fee of £20 - you've been re-contracted, no doubt the advisor got their bonus for this one!!!

Hi @Drakey1980chris,

Thanks for your post, and welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm really sorry to hear that you're receiving unexpectedly high bills. I'm going to pop you a private message to gather further details. Please look out for it in the top-right of the Forums, in the purple envelope.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Drakey1980chris
Joining in

Can anyone from virgin help me? I moved house in December and had a conversation with a lady who didn't really understand English that well to try and move services to new address.this happened and recently I've found out not am I only paying double what I usually pay,she's started me a new contract .nothing that I asked for nor agreed too.so last month rang virgin up again to be told he could see what had happened .he would sort the contract and re-imburse the monies owed back to me and a manager would be in touch.non of this has happened and I've been charged another astronomical bill.i would like some support on this virgin as its getting out of hand now.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Drakey1980chris 

I've moved your new post from the natter forum which isn't usually monitored by VM Staff and merged it with your original post which has had a response from staff.

You have a private message from staff member Reece_MH. 

You can access this by clicking on the purple envelope in the right hand corner of the forum page.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Cheers dave top man

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Drakey1980chris,

Thanks for your responses to my private messages. I'm glad to hear you've been able to get a callback booked with a manager over the phone. As mentioned in my private message, if you're still having issues, please create a new post, or pop a response onto your existing one and one of the team, or community, will be happy to lend a hand.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Drakey1980chris
Joining in

Any1 else had this issue,after moving house in January,customer service have gave me another contract to which I've not agreed to at all.my existing contract was due to end in May 22 but instead of paying £59 I've been charged £130+ a month from Jan,complained numerous times and asked for complaint to be escalated, to which I got a manager will be in contact which didn't happen,can't write a complaint as the system won't accept it and said there's a technical issue.you can't complain or resolve any issues with virgin,it's like banging your head against a wall.its causing me not just financial,but emotional stress!