cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pause broadband when moving

Mellejane
Joining in

I have a virgin broadband account and we are currently in the process of moving. We are splitting the sale & purchase chain so for a couple of months we will be living with relatives and not require our broadband until our purchase is completed and we move into our new property. Is it possible to pause our account? 

3 REPLIES 3

Vikki_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Mellejane

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.

We are unable to pause an account unfortunately.

Are you currently within a minimum contract term?

Please pop back to us when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Yes in a contract term. We had hoped to bring Virgin with us but just checked and both out relatives address and the address we are purchasing are outside of Virgin network area. Pretty gutted actually as the highest speeds available are low in comparison. I guess we’ll have to cancel. Fingers crossed you move to that areas in the future. 

Thanks for the response.

If the property you are moving to is in a non serviceable area, please let the team know when you call to arrange disconnection.

You will then receive an email within 24 hours asking for proof of your new UK address. 

You would need to respond to that email within 30 days, attaching proof of your new UK address, this can be a household bill, driving license and other formal document types which will be listed in the email we send you. 

Our Support teams will review and validate this. 

If approved, the team will waive the early disconnection fee. If rejected, the team will send a communication asking for another form of proof.

I am sorry that we wont be able to service the new property 😞 were always expanding the network and do hope we can be your service provider again one day in the future :).

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide