cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password when calling Virgin Media

chrisn7
Joining in

I’ve had to call VM twice recently by phone, and each time been asked for 3 characters from a password. Unfortunately, I dont recall having had such a password, though I have several other VM ones. Could someone please advise where on the system to set one up?

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

4 REPLIES 4

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It’s in Account Details in My Virginmedia:

https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media/account-settings/details

In my case:

A7AF4F30-523B-4B21-986F-A1DA9A48FA14.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Chrisn7, 

Thanks for using the forums to get more clarity around your call-in password, I can see @Ernie_C has already given you the selfcare details to do this yourself, thanks Ernie! Have you been able to change these details successfully? 

If not, we may be able to help within a PM after asking for some secondary information. 

Could I also ask what you were calling our team for as well please? We may be able to help with whatever query you had as well 🤗

Thanks!

Megan_L

Hi Megan

Thanks to Ernie, I was able to create the required password. 
My calls to VM concerned a dead phone landline, and constant broadband drop outs. An engineer attended, sorted the phone, and replaced the Router, as it seems that the original was not up to coping with the ever increasing number of wifi devices.

I do have another question though: We keep the TIVO box on standby, as it takes forever to boot up if switched off completely. The box is always warm to the touch, so using energy 24/7, which is a waste when its not in use. Its just not in keeping with todays energy concerns. Using a smart timer to turn it on, does not work, as the box still has to boot from scratch. Any suggestions or more up to date TIVO? As a pensioner, have to save energy wherever possible…

Hi there @chrisn7 

I'd be happy to take a look for you via a Private message and see what we can do for you. I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you.