cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password not valid

2811kat
Joining in

Whatever I input it says I cannot use despite it passing checks what is going on ? 

Screenshot_2022-06-24-10-05-10-202_com.android.chrome.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi 2811kat, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with creating a My VM account. We're aware that some people are having an issue with this and there are a few things I need to check with you. 

Can you please ensure you are following ALL of the below criteria when choosing a password.

• Between 8-10 characters.
  • Must start with a letter.
  • Contain at least one number.
  • No special characters.

If you are 100% certain that the above requirements are all being met then can you try some different password variations? This is because we've had reports of customers being able to proceed when doing this and it's mainly because some choices are too guessable to be allowed.

You should also try registering through the app or through another browser to see if this helps. Should this not work, pop back here and let us know. We will then be able to raise this with our IT teams to manually create the ID for you. 

Keep us posted.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi I have tried both of your suggestions and neither have worked thanks Katana

Hi @2811kat, thanks for getting back to us. 

Sorry to hear you're still unable to create a 'My Virgin Media' account.  I would love to help you register.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R