cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Paid twice for "the first month"

VladD
Joining in

Hi,

Today I've got a second bill £54 for the internet with £27 monthly price deal. And it is also for "the first month" (2x£27), but there already was a charge on 4th January 2023 and also "for the first month" 😉

Have I to wait the next bill also for "the first month" with double price despite of my 1.5 year deal? Could you help me to resolve this issue?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thank you.

What these screenshots show is that you have already paid the 3rd January bill on the 4th.

This didn’t have to be paid until the 23rd but when that date arrives your credit on account will be £54 which will be enough to pay the next bill. DD is the way forward to avoid future confusion.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you please screenshot these two bills (remove any personal information) and someone will be able to explain?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi, Ernie_C

Here is the screenshot for 3rd Jan. bill and payment for that on 4-th Jan. from my email:

Vir04.jpeg

I can see now the notes at the bottom: "Please note, card payments do not reduce your Direct Debit amount. Your scheduled payment will be attempted as previously advised."

Since that payment, I turned on the "Direct Debit" option on my account and was waiting for the next £27 bills.

Today I've got:

VladD_1-1674472831570.png

Here you can see "Total payments since latest bill" is already 108.

The payments for the latest:

Screenshot_20230123-110428.jpg

Kind Regards,

Vlad

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thank you.

What these screenshots show is that you have already paid the 3rd January bill on the 4th.

This didn’t have to be paid until the 23rd but when that date arrives your credit on account will be £54 which will be enough to pay the next bill. DD is the way forward to avoid future confusion.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @VladD,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you've had some billing issues recently! 

I'm glad to see that @Ernie_C has been able to assist you with this query. 

Is there anything else we can do to help you at the moment? Let us know. We're here to help.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs