cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package changed

Markos2022
Joining in

Received email say thanks for changing package medium tv removed line rental removed tv changed to maxit tv and in receipt says 20 pound savings for 18 months has anybody else had this any help much appreciated. 

6 REPLIES 6

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Markos2022 Did you actually request a change to your package or has this come 'out of the blue'?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Markos2022
Joining in

Came out of the blue mate

Graham_A
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Markos2022 wrote:

Came out of the blue mate

@Markos2022 The VM Forum Team should be able to look into this for you. Look out for their reply here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media, I'm a VM customer. There are no guarantees that my advice will work. Please read the FAQs
Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Markos2022
Joining in

Thanks do I have to send them message or will they just reply cheers 

Hi Markos2022,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the unknown package change. 

I am more than happy to take a look into this for you. 

I will private message you now to confirm your details. 

^Martin

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

@Markos2022 wrote:

Received email say thanks for changing package medium tv removed line rental removed tv changed to maxit tv and in receipt says 20 pound savings for 18 months has anybody else had this any help much appreciated. 

I'm sure forum staff can resolve your particular case, but I'll comment that putting somebody into a new credit based contract that they didn't request is not a small administrative error, it's a very serious offence that could prosecuted under the Consumer Credit Act, the Fraud Act, or enforced against a whole range of Ofcom regulatory requirements.  Now, you should be seeing your contract corrected, but also compensation from VM in line with the industry complaints adjudicator's guidelines, but in addition, can I recommend you report this to Citizens Advice?  Ask them to refer to Trading Standards for investigation and enforcement.

The reason things like this happen is because there's insufficient incentive for VM to mange it's customer's business properly, see if Citizens Advice and Trading Standards can provide the company with that incentive.