cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package changed without request/ consent

BinaryMoon
Tuning in

I just had an email from Virgin Media thanking me for making changes to my package, and that I won't need to sign a new contract. However I haven't changed anything.

This is my new package

Your new package now includes:
TV: Mix TV
Broadband: M350 Fibre Broadband
Phone: Talk More Anytime
We've removed:
TV: Fun TV (L)
Broadband: M200 Fibre Broadband
Phone: Talk Unlimited

I can see that it's faster internet which I can live with. But I am concerned the TV package has changed and I may have lost the kids channels. My 6 year old won't be happy if Spongebob stops working.

Likewise I can't find any information on the phone packages. I don't use the phone a great deal so I don't want to pay more for something I don't need.

I searched around and it looks like virgin have done this quite a bit. They could definitely do with improving the messaging here so people know what is happening and why rather than making it out to be something the customer has done.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @BinaryMoon 

I hope this helps, it seems you are now are on a really good package.

Over the past few weeks there have been a number of forum posts from customers receiving emails referencing, "Thanks for making those changes to your Virgin Media package"  It's a shame VM didn't phrase the email to say they had made the changes

VM are doing some tidying up of their systems and automatically moving customers from some of the older obsolete packages such as Fun package in your case to the equivalent Mix TV packages.

You can check the channels available on the Mix package in column 2 <<< here >>> 

As you will see the kids channels (including the nick ones which carry spongebob) are still available.

Your contract or bill may have been updated in there to reflect the  package/product change,  however the price and contract length should remain the same. 

In some cases  customers may pay less and receive more. It looks like you have had some extra documentary channels added along with a free speed upgrade as part of this process.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @BinaryMoon 

I hope this helps, it seems you are now are on a really good package.

Over the past few weeks there have been a number of forum posts from customers receiving emails referencing, "Thanks for making those changes to your Virgin Media package"  It's a shame VM didn't phrase the email to say they had made the changes

VM are doing some tidying up of their systems and automatically moving customers from some of the older obsolete packages such as Fun package in your case to the equivalent Mix TV packages.

You can check the channels available on the Mix package in column 2 <<< here >>> 

As you will see the kids channels (including the nick ones which carry spongebob) are still available.

Your contract or bill may have been updated in there to reflect the  package/product change,  however the price and contract length should remain the same. 

In some cases  customers may pay less and receive more. It looks like you have had some extra documentary channels added along with a free speed upgrade as part of this process.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks for the reply, and for confirming that the tv package includes the kids shows. when I looked at the new packages it seemed the kids channels were only on the most expensive package.

It seems the price is the same - for now - so it seems all is good for now.

Thanks again - Ben

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Ben,

Your welcome, I'm pleased I was able to put your mind at rest.

You now where to come if you have any questions, or need any help.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.