cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package change on first bill

Seanspar58
Joining in

Hi. I'm trying to understand why there is a charge for a package change on my first bill for broadband. Do you get charged for changing from not having a package to having one?

I realise similar questions have been posted before but I can't see a reply that answers this. They just seem to concentrate on the actual amount on the bill rather than a reason for the non-existent change.

5 REPLIES 5

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Seanspar58,
Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your first bill from us, have you transferred your services from another account or added broadband to an existing package with us?

Have you added anything to your package between getting installed and your first bill?

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi. Thanks for the reply. No, I have'nt added to an existing package or added anything since installation. I used to be a Virgin Media customer 18 months ago  - does this count as transferring from another account?

Hi @Seanspar58, thanks for your reply here. 

I do apologise for the lack of clarity - on a Virgin Media first bill, it's usually a double bill and the first half of the "double" can show as package changes - generally, with dates showing what you're being charged for.

The reason we double-bill on the first bill, is we bill in advance usually on a monthly cycle. For example, in January's bill you'd actually be paying for February's services.

However, for your first month, you obviously have to pay for your current month (so I would imagine August - September here), as well as September - October. Going forwards, you'll continue to pay for your month in advance and your bill will no longer be double.

Does this help at all or do you require any further assistance?

Many thanks

Tom_W

Hi Tom_W. Thanks for taking the time to reply. The explanation of the double first bill makes sense and if it had just shown as two monthly charges I wouldn't have queried it. To show one of the charges as a package change when there had not been one is just unneccesarily confusing. Or maybe I'm just easily confused!

Regards

Hi @Seanspar58 thanks a lot for your reply and understanding - you're very welcome.

I do agree, the term package changes does throw some confusion around sometimes and I will feed back your comments.

If you do need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to let me know.

Many thanks

Tom_W