cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package change email

lucavigg
On our wavelength

Can someone explain why I received an email this morning that starts with “Thanks for making those changes to your Virgin Media Package” (I didn’t!)

See below;

Your new package now includes:
TV: Maxit TV - Kids Pick
Phone: Talk More Anytime
We've removed:
TV: Full House TV (XL)
Phone: Talk Unlimited

Why has this happened? I didn’t ask for this. Aren’t they supposed to give notice for changes to a contract? And another thing. Maxit TV Kids pick? What the actual…….? There’s no one in the house below aged 55! 

I’m also getting 404 or 400 page errors when I try to find out more info on the website.

Thanks. Luca

[MOD EDIT: Mod update on message 29 of this thread]

29 REPLIES 29

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A few people have posted similar things the last few days.

Ultimately, what probably matters is.... does your new contract tally price-wise, with what you were paying before the change? And the same question for your (presumably in your case, "out of") contract dates?

I do suspect some housekeeping activity on VM's part is going on.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Cheers for this Dave.

My pupils gave me the nickname in a former life!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try logging into your online account where you can view all your current & previous contracts.

Comparing the price of what you have been on, and what you're on now, does everything tally with what you'd expect?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Fannys
Tuning in

Same thing happened to me woke up to email. Price has remained the same though. 

i don’t believe the added on children channels are being charged for as the price hasn’t changed.

the wording of the email was terrible. Starts with “thank you for making those changes” Made out that I had made the changes which I knew nothing about.!

Anonymous
Not applicable

There are already a few confused threads on here about this automatic package change email. I will suggest to the VM team that there be an explainer post pinned about it on this channel by flagging this thread. 

Hi hippyclone,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, we are sorry for any worry the unexpected package change Email has caused, were you able to check your online account, if you would like me to look into this for you I will be more than happy to, I will send you an invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @hippyclone 

Over the past few days there have been a number of forum posts from customers receiving emails referencing, "Thanks for making those changes to your Virgin Media package"

VM are doing some tidying up of their systems and automatically moving customers from some of the older obsolete packages to the equivalent Mixit or Maxit TV packages.

These changes could have been communicated in a better manner by explaining it was VM themslves that made the change.

Your package name should have changed on your bill, however the price and contract length should remain the same. 

The main difference are some customers on the older obsolete packages would have had free access to some extra kids channels which are chargeable on the Mixit or Maxit packages (unless these two packages are part of either the Ultimate Oomph or Ultimate Volt bundles) If this is the case then VM should have added the Kids Personal Pick to your new package for free, and this should be shown on your new contract..

Comparison of VM TV bundles 

The only current packages now are shown in columns 5 and 6 - the first 4 columns are the obsolete packages.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Anonymous wrote:

I will suggest to the VM team that there be an explainer post pinned about it on this channel by flagging this thread. 

The "flag for moderator" option that I assume you're talking about, is for when a post or thread is breaching forum rules or inappropriate for a public forum.

The pattern of this issue has been noticed by several VIPs and mentioned to those who should be aware.

Hi Dangerousdave66,

Thanks for posting on the Community Forums. I'm sorry to hear that some changes have been made to your package without your knowledge. As jb66 has correctly pointed out, our Big Kahuna bundle is a very old package, and so we may have had to pop you on a more updated package, although I completely agree that this should have been made clear to you if this was the case. I'm sorry you've been left in the dark.

I'm going to pop you over a private message so I can take a look into this for you and find out what's gone on. 

Thanks

Beth

Anonymous
Not applicable

The assumption is false.