cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package change email

lucavigg
On our wavelength

Can someone explain why I received an email this morning that starts with “Thanks for making those changes to your Virgin Media Package” (I didn’t!)

See below;

Your new package now includes:
TV: Maxit TV - Kids Pick
Phone: Talk More Anytime
We've removed:
TV: Full House TV (XL)
Phone: Talk Unlimited

Why has this happened? I didn’t ask for this. Aren’t they supposed to give notice for changes to a contract? And another thing. Maxit TV Kids pick? What the actual…….? There’s no one in the house below aged 55! 

I’m also getting 404 or 400 page errors when I try to find out more info on the website.

Thanks. Luca

[MOD EDIT: Mod update on message 29 of this thread]

29 REPLIES 29

newapollo : VM are doing some tidying up of their systems and automatically moving customers from some of the older obsolete packages to the equivalent Mixit or Maxit TV packages.

Thanks. That does appear to be what has happened, executed in a very cack-handed way.

Paul_DN : if you would like me to look into this for you I will be more than happy to

Thanks. However it seems there's not a lot to look into with respect to my packages, only how Virgin Media do things.

Perhaps you could ask 'the powers that be' to be more clear and accurate in what they tell customers in future. To be explicit when Virgin Media has unilaterally decided upon change, and not present it as change which customers have themselves actively chosen.

Knowingly misrepresenting the facts causes customers inconvenience and worry, creates concerns there shouldn't be, wastes everyone's time including your own. It really doesn't reflect well on Virgin Media.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Luca,

I too keep having error 400 problems when accessing VM web pages using Chrome, although the pages load OK in other browsers.

Over the past few days there have been a number of forum posts from customers receiving emails referencing, "Thanks for making those changes to your Virgin Media package"

VM are doing some tidying up of their systems and automatically moving customers from some of the older obsolete packages to the equivalent Mixit or Maxit TV packages.

These changes could have been communicated in a better manner by explaining it was VM themslves that made the change.

Your package name should have changed on your bill, however the price and contract length should remain the same. 

The main difference are some customers on the older obsolete packages would have had free access to some extra kids channels which are chargeable on the Mixit or Maxit packages (unless these two packages are part of either the Ultimate Oomph or Ultimate Volt bundles) If this is the case then VM should have added the Kids Personal Pick to your new package for free, and this should be shown on your new contract..

Comparison of VM TV bundles 

The only current packages now are shown in columns 5 and 6 - the first 4 columns are the obsolete packages.

---------------

t looks like VM may have removed the Talk Unlimited package (it's another one of the older legacy packages and no longer sold) and switched you onto the newer, better, Talk More Anytime phone package.

On both packages calls must not exceed 60 minutes duration. Any time over the 60 minutes is chargeable at normal rates. 

The biggest difference is that Talk Unlimited includes calls to Virgin Mobile numbers, but not other mobile providers. Talk More Anytine includes the other mobile providers as well at no extra cost.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thank you, that’s really useful. Presumably they have chosen a TV package that resembles the one I had before. Does that mean if I ask them to remove the kids channels I will save a little bit of money?

I looked for a similar phone package a few months ago but couldn’t find anything resembling what we had before.

Again, thanks for the info.

Luca

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again Luca,

Since you were on one of the older obsolete packages there's a good chance you are out of contract so you've nothing to lose by trying to negotiate a new deal. Asking them to remove the kids channels may or may not get you a discount. As a stand alone add on the kids channels are worth £5 a month.

If you decide to go ahead then you should set your discount at a higher value.than the £5 mark mark.

Dial 150 from your VM landline or mobile and select option 4 and choose Retentions (thinking of leaving us)

They are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the usual front line and regrades agents. Hopefully you can negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract.

The actual prices can vary on a day to day basis, so if you are happy with the price quoted then accept it as it may not be available again.  However if you aren't happy with the price offered then phone again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Luca, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that we've updated your package without contacting you first. 

We're constantly reviewing our packages to make things better for our customers. From time to time, where we stop offer a certain package, we need to move you to bring you in line with our current offerings. Migrating our customers bundles allows us to give a better customer experience and provide our customers with more value for money for the services they subscribe too.

You won't see any change to your price or contract but the new bundle you're on will be as close as possible to the one you were on and if not better. This is likely why the Kids Pick has been added for you as some of the channels may have already have been included in the Full House bundle. 

If you have any further issues, please pop back and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

lucavigg
On our wavelength

Hi Kath, Thanks for the reply. Will I benefit pricewise, if I remove the kids channels?

Thanks
Luca

Hi @hippyclone, thanks for your reply back to us here in the community.

I understand Paul has sent you a PM but if you don't require further help, please don't worry and don't respond to his message.

We'll take your comments on board and make sure they're passed on, apologies for any inconvenience caused here.

Many thanks

Tom_W

I think I'll give them a call on Monday.

Thanks again Dave.

Hello all,

Thanks for contacting us about the email you’ve received. This is part of some work we’re doing to simplify our packages and you’ll see no change to your service or price – and in some cases you may pay less and receive more.

Many thanks,
Your Community Moderators

I reply to a post, a day later I get around to looking at the email notifications about it and when I get here I find an incoherent mess that seems to be the result of multiple threads being merged. Who is merging threads? Why do you think that's helpful? Why can't you just leave things alone?