cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package change email

lucavigg
On our wavelength

Can someone explain why I received an email this morning that starts with “Thanks for making those changes to your Virgin Media Package” (I didn’t!)

See below;

Your new package now includes:
TV: Maxit TV - Kids Pick
Phone: Talk More Anytime
We've removed:
TV: Full House TV (XL)
Phone: Talk Unlimited

Why has this happened? I didn’t ask for this. Aren’t they supposed to give notice for changes to a contract? And another thing. Maxit TV Kids pick? What the actual…….? There’s no one in the house below aged 55! 

I’m also getting 404 or 400 page errors when I try to find out more info on the website.

Thanks. Luca

[MOD EDIT: Mod update on message 29 of this thread]

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello all,

Thanks for contacting us about the email you’ve received. This is part of some work we’re doing to simplify our packages and you’ll see no change to your service or price – and in some cases you may pay less and receive more.

Many thanks,
Your Community Moderators

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

29 REPLIES 29

hippyclone
Up to speed

Just received an email "Thanks for making those changes to your Virgin Media package".

I haven't made any changes to my packages nor requested any change.

It looks like a genuine Virgin Media email but I'm not sure. It comes from "webteam" not "accounts" or "packages"  and I am not clicking on the PDF attachment which claims to be "a receipt" to find out what that does, whether it's a booby-trap or not.

So what's going on ???

What email address is in the From header?

Header below, some redactions. The weird thing is the all uppercase X@NTLWORD.COM  'To:' field. And the +0200 timezones.

Return-Path: <webteam@virginmedia.com>
Delivered-To: @ntlworld.com
Received: from md10.tb.ukmail.iss.local ([212.54.57.XX])
by mc46.tb.ukmail.iss.local with LMTP
id oDglEWILm/VTw
(envelope-from <webteam@virginmedia.com>)
for <@ntlworld.com>; Thu, 07 Apr 2022 18:03:46 +0200
Received: from smtpclienthelo ([212.54.57.XX])
by md10.tb.ukmail.iss.local with LMTP
id 4AjKEAAAnwjGaw
(envelope-from <webteam@virginmedia.com>)
for <@ntlworld.com>; Thu, 07 Apr 2022 18:03:46 +0200
Received: from mailrelay06.virginmedia.co.uk ([193.38.82.XX])
by mx12.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net with ESMTP
id cUbln3SrpnOn2I; Thu, 07 Apr 2022 18:03:45 +0200
X-Env-Mailfrom: webteam@virginmedia.com
X-Env-Rcptto: @ntlworld.com
X-SourceIP: 193.38.82.XX
X-CNFS-Analysis: v=2.4 YXicjv:22
cc=ntf awl=host:17477
DKIM-Signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=simple/simple;
d=virginmedia.com; i=@virginmedia.com; q=dns/txt;
s=corporate; t=1649903; x=1682903;
h=date:message-id:from:reply-to:to:subject:mime-version:
sender;
bh=KY24Crrc+M0=;
b=ADQvUmhLLMgpO9S
Q==;
IronPort-SDR: kT9Rnt1l4ifBPR4g
Csc/DzOy+NaQ==
X-ETP-DOMAIN-AUTH-TOKEN: a4cf1f59
Received: from unknown (HELO ebill2.virginmedia.com) ([10.92.131.20])
by mailrelay06.virginmedia.co.uk with ESMTP/TLS/ECDHE-RSA-AES128-GCM-SHA256; 07 Apr 2022 16:55:00 +0100
Received: from ebillbatch-kn-p2 (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by ebill2.virginmedia.com (8.14.7/8.14.7) with ESMTP id 237G3fTa015025
for <@NTLWORLD.COM>; Thu, 7 Apr 2022 17:03:41 +0100
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2022 17:03:41 +0100
Message-ID: <9592.16729.JavaMail.bgadmin@ebillbatch-kn-p2>
Reply-To: Virgin Media <webteam@virginmedia.com>
To: @NTLWORLD.COM
Subject: Thanks for making those changes!
Mime-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
boundary="----=_Part_6687_1277237660.1649347421729"
Sender: webteam@virginmedia.com
Organisation: Virgin Media
X-CMAE-Envelope: MS4xfNnZ4BQou3Wpu8kG3Uw1

Dangerousdave66
Tuning in

Hi,

I have just received an email thanking me for changing my TV package from the big Kahuna Sports and TV bundle to the Bigger bundle and Sports & Movies SD. I have not made or agreed to any such request as I recall! I note the new bundle contains Maxit TV and Kids Pick instead of the Full House TV (XL) and I do not know the difference between Maxit and Full House and there are no kids in my house anymore. 

I have attempted to contact Customer Service for an explanation via WhatsApp, at their suggestion, but to no avail as the 'chat' is just computer generated repetition.

Please advise, if possible.

Dave.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Might be real. Check your online account packages. There have been some automatic like for like package changes from old legacy ones to their new equivalents. 

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The big kahuna is an ancient package, you must be overpaying if you've not worked out a new deal

Cheers for this but the Kahuna package dates from March 2021 and the contract runs until September 2022, with a discount due to a Virgin component which exploded while we were watching TV

Thanks,

Dave

Email addresses are case insensitive. It's entirely plausible that Virgin Media is sending email through severs located outside of the UK which have their clocks set to track the time where they are physically located.

A geoip lookup of 212.54.57.64 through 212.54.57.12 says they're used in the Netherlands. https://tools.keycdn.com/geo?host=212.54.57.100 The local time in the Netherlands is currently 2 hours ahead of UTC, which in an ISO8601 timestamp can be denoted with +0200 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601#Time_offsets_from_UTC)

IP addresses 212.54.57.64 through 212.54.57.12 and 193.38.82.91 and 193.38.82.92  appear in the Sender Policy Framework records for virginmedia.com https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=spf%3avirginmedia.com (click on _spf.virginmedia.com  that you see there then on _mailcloud.virginmedia.com and _internal.virginmedia.com)

Assuming the IP addresses you've partially redacted are amongst those I've mentioned above, I'd say that email came from Virgin Media. But I'd be happy for someone to demonstrate that it didn't.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Dangerousdave66 

That was one of my nicknames at work 🙂

You can compare the channels using the guide in the following link.

ChannelGuide_Apr_22.pdf 

The now obsolete Full House channels are shown in column 4, and Maxit in column 6.

Comparing them both you would have lost the extra Kids  channels so VM have added the Kids Personal Pick to your 'new' TV package. This is normally charged at an extra £5 per month on all packages except the current Ultimate Volt package and the obsolete Ultimate Oomph package.

This package switch won't affect the price you are paying or your contract length. It's just part of VM's housekeeping - there have been so many different named bundles which are now obsolete.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali