cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package and bills

Charlied1979
On our wavelength

I’m getting really annoyed now virgin you are a complete and utter joke now I said a couple months ago I now get paid on 15th every month but no you keep billing me before hitting me with charges which puts my bill up even more then I struggle to pay and you disconnect every single channel except for channel 4 wth that about were is the freebies channels that everyone else gives you if you run behind on your bills your a disgrace to television suppliers sky glass is coming just think how many customers you will lose to this I can more or less see it thanks for no help whatsoever again 

2 REPLIES 2

clowns202
On our wavelength

Cancel the direct debit and pay manually every month until you are caught up. Do not agree to any continuous payment authority on your cards, just log into my virgin media and pay with your bank card and don't save the details.

If VM are cutting you off every month then you are more than a month behind with your bills. It will not disconnect until about 10 days after the second bill is produced provided it doesn't exceed the account credit limit. So if Bill A is produced on the 1st with a payment date of 15th in Month A it will not cut you off until Bill B is produced on the 1st of Month B and you have reached the 10/11th approx of the same month.  As long as you pay a few days before the 2nd bill is produced you will not receive any late payment charges from VM.

I agree though the waving banner on freeview channels is quite a thing; they'll tell you though that they own their own network and the box you are using so they can do what they want.

It's vitally important to catch up if anyone else reading this is in the same - I had to help my sister/brother in law with it - they generally don't refund you the disconnected period and you are in effect in a loop of being billed full months for partial services.  Thankfully we've both moved over to BT, separate houses, and their billing is more straight forward.

_ _ _my_background _ _ _
Former VM customer of 15+ years. 1Gig, xl TV and phone packages. Finally gave up after months, and many hours, of trying to get them to fix things. Never seen a company like them!

BT 900meg full fibre BB, TV, Netflix + HomePhone+free calls with all support in UK. (£94 all in)

Prevously o2> Vodafone 5G Unlimited sim & 2x Vodafone 5G 100GB sims. (£50 all in)

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi, @Charlied1979.

Welcome back to our community forums and sorry to hear you are having issues with bills.

We can understand the frustration caused and we want to best help. If you are still looking to change the billing date, you may find the following link useful https://my.virginmedia.com/my-bills-static/direct-debit/change-direct-debit-date.html. Also if you are struggling to pay your bills, please get in contact with our team on 0345 454 1111 who can look into the best options to help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs