cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package alterations

briandoc
Joining in

I am considering downgrading my Virgin Media broadband and tv package.

I am on a rolling contract, my current contract ended last month. I am going to be moving to a new home at the end of 2023 to an area without Virgin Media services.

if I alter my package will I be put on a new contract and have to pay cancellation charges in December or will I be able to stay on the rolling contract that I am currently on with no end date?

2 REPLIES 2

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @briandoc 

If you agree to a new deal then cancellation charges are normally applied if you cancel before the end of the minimum contract.

However the good news is that since February 2022, providing you move home to a UK address where VM  have not connected its broadband network you will be able to leave without paying an early disconnection fee.

https://news.virginmediao2.co.uk/virgin-media-o2-ends-charges-for-off-net-home-movers/ 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Any package renegotiation you accept, will be subject to a new minimum term.

Early termination fees no longer apply if you can document that you are moving to a non-serviced address, although personally - I wouldn't be comfortable accepting a new minimum term in full knowledge that you're not in a position to fulfil it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks