cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package addition = lost discounts!

Tim_allen
On our wavelength

I recently added BT Sport to my TV package and was advised and accepted, that my bill would increase to £79. However I’ve now received a bill at £96.

I have called Virgin twice, and been advised that this happened because my previous discounts were removed in error when I added the new service, but still haven’t received confirmation of a credit/refund.

So, be warned that by adding new/additional services, there’s a risk of losing previously agreed discounts from your package.

I feel quite misinformed, because had I realised it would make my monthly bill so expensive (£96) - I wouldn’t have added the extra service.

3 REPLIES 3

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Tim_allen,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

Can I ask regarding this, when was BT sport added? As if it was added during your previous bill cycle then the charges will appear on the next bill to ensure you are charged from the date it was added.

Also has the extra charges come from "package changes" or is it on the monthly rate via the bill breakdown?

Let us know,

Kain

Tim_allen
On our wavelength

Hello Kain,

It was added on 02/09/22.

I was advised that it would increase my bill by £18 per month (I was previously paying £61 I think) but now my bill is showing as £96!

The increase shows both against “package changes” and a new monthly rate.

Hey @Tim_allen, thanks for the reply.

I'm sorry to hear about the error with the package change.
I will look in to this for you and assist you on this.
Watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in to a private chat.

Kind regards.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs