cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Upgrade

ccfcsj
Dialled in

I have upgraded my account (done last week) from the Ultimate OOMPH bundle to the Ultimate VOLT bundle as my contract was due to expire

I am receiving the Hub 4 today and the new contract kicks in today but I have yet to receive my O2 SIM and am concerned that my VM SIM will stop working

7 REPLIES 7

ccfcsj
Dialled in
Also I should add, the new contract is at the agreed price but doesn't mention mobile any more. Is this correct?

It turns out that my VM mobile will continue to work until swapped for the O2 one.

For some reason O2 know nothing about this upgrade as VM haven't passed on the order.  I am trying to contact somebody on the phone and chat but struggling due to the ridiculous wait times.  

Is this something that somebody who works for VM on here can help with?

Issue resolved via chat

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ccfcsj 

Thanks for updating your thread.

Pleased to see that your issues have been resolved by chat.

If you do have any further complications then come back to the forums.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi ccfcsj, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you were having an issue with your upgrade but glad things have since been resolved. 

We try and answer threads as quickly as possible but sometimes it can take us a few dates but we do have a great Community along with some great VIPs on hand to help in the meantime. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know. 

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Here was me thinking this was resolved - unfortunately not and it's making me more and more frustrated.  The latest is this:

Virgin say to talk to O2 about the SIM - O2 say they know nothing about it as they've not received any order from Virgin but are happy to set me up with a new account at £25 for an unlimited SIM for 24 months.  Why would I do this when I agreed an Ultimate VOLT package that includes the SIM and is only for 18 months.

Virgin also say the contract cost doesn't cover the O2 SIM and I have to pay extra for it - the Ultimate VOLT package includes the SIM.

I agreed a price of £95 for the whole Ultimate VOLT bundle (£70 for Virgin and £25 for O2) - now Virgin are saying it's £95 for Virgin and £25 for O2, NOT what was agreed.  Virgin are now saying they cannot honour the agreed price.

I have raised a formal complaint on this to the Virgin complaints team as I've spend hours and hours on the phone and on chat trying to resolve but get the feeling they either aren't taking me seriously or are refusing to honour the original deal - not service I would expect from a company of VMs size.

I've been a customer for many years and feel like they are treating me with contempt

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ccfcsj,

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community! 

So sorry to see that this has not been resolved for you.

With regards to the package, if of course explained correctly your Media price should've been seperate to your SIM tariff.

I can see you've raised a complaint also, I've dropped you a PM so we can discuss further

Thanks,

Kain