cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Package Change Prices...Are you kidding?

Grayshouse21
On our wavelength

Dear VM,

Forget the past we live to learn and love to life, so as men let it be. However when you change (upgrade) your package and get no charge only a few wires to be manned by myself, That cost me £35 but let's just leave that where it is the drivers/engineers must of all been busy. But number 1, You get the package wrong so when I set it all up my t.v has the same channels I have already on freeview. Confused I phone back to customer service as to why my £44 service requires no channels of any significance whatsoever even after adamantly viermentaly even asked that documentary channels by apart of the package. So has I wait which has never been longer than 2 minutes with virgin so kudos for that. However the response of the customer "help me" agents: tells me I've been put on the wrong package and exchange for the mixup we will not only upgrade you to documentation heaven, You will get a 4g Sim Card with 5g of data, Thank you for that bit! However check my next bill £133 well I can say Virgin media group companies, You have excelled in ripping the customers off that serve you, my package change the "second" time has they got the first one incorrectly, Now an additional £35 paid activation fee, right Virgin that's twice, three times your out, £66.50  for package changes to my account, Yet it was your fault Virgin my package would not have changed againnnnn nslipped if it weren't for your simple yet costly on my part seen has since July I've paid £153.50 in a month and you still want that £66 and a £3.50 late fee for not clearing bill and guess what I won't be I'll move straight back to sky removing all of the wires I paid for the mediocre apps list with no amazon music or Spotify or even a viable replacement other than youtube, I'm not racist by any means but what is with the American apps and aljeeza t.v why would people want that has apps I class prime which you have and Netflix which on the maxit bundle states prime and Netflix included in package but that just means not has apps they appear in your subscription list still with the same price tag unlike competitors who are implementing these services in there bundles.Box Sets and movie section very confusing and costs more money, The documentaries are excellent, Great choice,Love the shows,Your voice recognition service is second to none at listening to what you say but the choice of first programme has had a little to die for. Overall I'm happier with Virgin then last time which came across has a put down in Virgin Media However this time I've tried to detail my responses to evenly balanced fair assessment on what's going on in the cosmos on virgin media's t.v platform which still needs more introduction to user friendly programming plus the apps need I rework there's nothing to offer apart from has I said prime and Netflix both of which are separate. 7 out if 10 virgin for basic user friendly 1)Communication 2)resolving issues 3) Customer leaving happier 4) overall T.V platform.ps I'm not paying that 66 pound for no package change it doesn't cost you nothing so why does it cost my 100percent of my bill me don't think so take that to the bank.

I've just got to say all opinions and statements are that of my own and no way do I work or ever work for Virgin Media or affiliate companies, Neither have they held a gun to my head before,During or after....

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sorry to say, but your post is quite hard to read & follow, I'm struggling to understand what your issues are and would imagine others may, too. It may help to bullet point or break it down into paragraphs, to make it easier to follow.

I think I've worked out that you've changed your package, and also converted to the 360-service.

Could you perhaps explain the issues you've had a little clearer?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable

Too Long Didn't Read.

They charge you £35 for all the work behind the scenes connecting your equipment.  You know the actual bit where they list the equipment in your account and have it work.  Bit like a shop charging you to use the checkout.

As for the missold upgrades welcome to NTLHELL. I mean Virgin Hell.

Slow BB, we'll sell you a bigger speed that we will fail on.

TV channels? We'll sell you 360; a beta TV product.

Any faults, it's your TV, PC or phone.

You will need proof you where missold or you will need to cancel if you are inside 14 days. Otherwise tough cookie!

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Grayshouse21 thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your billing.  I can only speculate at this time, but if your monthly package price increased shortly after your previous bill had been printed and was considerably lower, then your first bill after the upgrade would have been pro rated as well as including the activation fee.

For example.  If you previously paid for line rental only at £19.00 per month.  Your last bill will would have billed you a month in advance for line rental.  Any changes made after that where your previous advance billing covered that period of time would have to be added.    So if your billing period was 2nd of month to 1st of following month and you've been charged for one service on that bill, but you've added at least 1 other service on 2nd of month we have to charge for that period of time (the time you've had the upgraded service) plus your regular month in advance.

I am more than happy to have a look into this, but that is my initial impression, sorry.

Regards

Lee_R