cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

POD installation/activation fee?

sweets999
Joining in

2nd POD promised, but next day there was an email with my new contract changes which included 2 pods, and phone removed, itemised phone now?

And ... £25 installation or activation charge.  None of the above was mentioned to me when the order for the pod was taken and my package includes up to 3 pods.

Phoned up to get the charge removed.  Lets say we were at cross purposes, the guy spoke about the charge for the sim, I don't have mobile with Virgin.  Discussion went round and he said he'd talk to someone....  anyone else had this issue resolved?

3 REPLIES 3

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Apologies for the issues faced sweets999,

Welcome to the community.

Can I ask regarding this, is the charge from the Pods at all? As we usually don't charge for that?

Secondly has there been a technician call out recently?

Let us know,

Kain

sweets999
Joining in

Yes, guy came to do repair on the 6th, had problems with tv, phone and broadband since plugging in phone to router.  Repair involved changing the signal filter, which I now understand means that the phone and broadband can both work.

I received an email that day confirming the repair had been done successfully and that the broadband was now in good order.  No mention of charge.

The email charge and change of contract happened on the 9th, after the POD request.

Hi Me,

Thanks for making those changes to your Virgin Media package. You won't need to sign a new contract.

Quick recap of what you now enjoy:

Your new package now includes:

Broadband: WiFi Pod 2
Phone: Call Divert - Reminder Call - Quick Dial - Call Waiting - 3-WayCalling - Telephone Line Rental

We've removed:

Phone: Telephone Line Rental

AND

Your new monthly bundle cost is: £35.00*.

Your next bill will be £60.00* which includes £0.00 to cover your changes up until your next bill period. There is also a one-off charge of £25.00 for installation or activation.

Hi sweets999, thanks for getting back to us.

Sorry to hear of the unexpected charge.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R