cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged

Pstevens302
Joining in

I have a plan @£79 p mth. I got a bill for £187. I rang and told you. You apologised and said it would be rectified. You then TOOK £187. I rang and complained. You said you would NOT return my money. But would deduct it from future bills. I said you cannot wrongly demand money and then even when on notice take money you’re not entitled to.  

I asked a manager to phone me as I wanted to raise a formal complaint. 

I was promised a call and I have not had one. So I posted on Twitter. 

I want a call 

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Pstevens302 wrote:

I have a plan @£79 p mth. I got a bill for £187.

Was this your first bill? That often covers 2 billing cycles and could potentially explain some of this.

Deducting the apparent overpayment from future bills is also fairly standard, unless you specifically request a refund.

Much depends here on what outcome you want - the VM staff who respond on these boards can often resolve billing issues such as this, but they will do so by means of responses on this forum and using the Private Messaging system to exchange personal details. They won't make outbound calls.

Equally you can raise a complaint via https://www.virginmedia.com/help/complaints - and if you want to retain the option of escalating to external arbitration if unresolved after 8weeks, that's the way to go. But that may tie the hand of the forum staff, so I'd recommend at least giving them the first chance.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Pstevens302, thanks for reaching out to us on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had with us recently.
I will assist you on getting this resolved and ensuring that everything is corrected.

I will send a private message - watch out for the purple envelope inviting you in for a chat.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs