cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged!

ShouldveGoneSky
Joining in

I'm on the verge of leaving my new contract as I'm fed up of Virgin's terrible customer service.

My last 18 month contract ended in January. This was shortly after I received my price-hike letter which was convenient for me as it meant that I could shop around. As a final enquiry I decided to see if Virgin could match any deals I'd found, so after spending 2 hours on hold I was able to contact someone who offered me a new contract - the £59 big bundle at the deal price of £33 a month, fixed for 18 months. I thought this was very reasonable and I accepted.

Surprise, surprise... I've now received my first bill of £59 and after looking at my statement my new deal states the monthly cost of £59 a month.

In my eyes virgin has already voided the contact, is this the case? If so, this gives me grounds to leave without incurring any exit fees.

I'm so disappointed that I went with Virgin over Sky. I just hope the satisfaction of telling my family, friends, co-workers and anyone looking for broadband deals to avoid Virgin like the plague will help ease some of my disappointment. 

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If you were genuinely offered a package for £x/month, then VM would need to honour that, and there are various ways & means to go about rectifying that.

The issue could be in proving that you were offered that particular deal - what proof do you have?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi SHoulveGoneSky, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with is in the Community although we are sorry to hear that a deal you agreed to hasn't been applied. 

We can certainly take a look at our systems to see if there is any note of the offering. If so then we can ensure things are applied correctly. 

In order to help further, I will need to pass data protection with you. I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs