cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged then charged double.

LadyofMusic
Tuning in

Hi, really wishin I'd gone with anyone else but Virgin at this point- meant to be paying £31.00 a month, since Aug 2022, but since November have been getting charged closer to £40, only for this month the bill to be over £70.

Any explination as to why? As I'm barely getting the service I pay for (landline and broadband package, though only use broadband) as is. If this continues into next month, will be leaving by April.

Never been so glad I don't do DD's as this would have royaly messed me over even more.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for speaking with us today @LadyofMusic on the forums 🙂

I'm glad we were able to clarify the issues regarding the bill and understand them.
As advised - the issue with viewing the bill has been referred to our technical team, they will give around 5 working days or so to have the matter resolved.
Other than that - any other queries you may have, we will assist.

Kind regards,

Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @LadyofMusic 

Welcome to the community forums

Sorry to hear that you have a billing concern. When you have no direct debit set up, if you miss the payment due date, this will show as a late payment fee on your next bill. If you then have not made a payment before the next months bill generates, it will show that you still owing from the previous months bill creating a double charge on the bill + late payment fee of £7.50.  

Do you make full payment before your due dates? It could explain why you get bills closer to £40 if you are on a £31 package and a £7.50 charge is added for late payment. You can see your due dates on all your bills and check them against your bank statement to double check. 

Let me know if this has helped resolve your query and if not we can support further. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi @Carley_S

appreciate that answer, that could be it. I do pay in time, as far as I am aware.

As for bills, the only one I can access is for December 2021 to January 2022, and have informed them of this and a year later... Nothing.

However, that doesn't explain the bill being double this month. Or at least it doesn't to me, as they wanted near 80 quid. Never been so glad I don't trust them enough to set up a DD as that would have financially messed me up.

Hey there @LadyofMusic, thanks for the reply on the forums!

Regarding the bill - may I ask if you've managed to open it up and see what's causing the hike in price? If you can access between a certain time frame, are you not able to open the latest one too?
Are you still in contract? Are you able to send a screenshot of the issue with what happens when you try to load a bill up?
Please avoid posting any private information 🙂

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Hi,

There's no real issue; I go to view latest bill and the "Latest" one according to the site- and seemingly when the call center sends me one- december 2021/january 2022 is the latest one. The issue is; It is the "latest" bill I can access, there is no options to try and you know see my actual latest bill.

Thanks for the reply @LadyofMusic on the forums.

May I ask if the same issue happens if you sign in here on the web page?
Let us know.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Hi,

No change through that link, still can only access bill frm december 2021 to january 2022

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @LadyofMusic 

Out of interest, can you access your latest contract which should be August '22 and check the pricing and any expiring discount dates shown on there?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi,

Yes I can- as I was sent it as an email thank goodness seemingly haha- and having just read over it again to double check, the only price change mentioned or detailed is that for the end of the current contract, which is still at least a year out.

@LadyofMusic wrote:

Hi,

Yes I can- as I was sent it as an email thank goodness seemingly haha- and having just read over it again to double check, the only price change mentioned or detailed is that for the end of the current contract, which is still at least a year out.

I'm sure the forum staff can sort out the billing - seems there's a lot going wrong at the moment because VM are making changes to their billing systems.  I suspect though you're about to see a significant price rise even without billing errors.  That's because it's very unlikely that you are on a fixed price contract, they're normally setup as a fixed discount.  And with a fixed discount VM can increase the underlying standard tariff, so if you haven't already you'll shortly get a letter or email from VM announcing that they're putting up their prices by 13.4%, but that you can renegotiate or cancel if you don't like it.  The way VM apply these price increases is against the undiscounted price, which means that the actual percentage increase customers face is much higher if they have a decent discount.  Scan to the bottom of this post to see a worked example.