cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged on July bill

daveeb
Up to speed

Hi I wonder if a kind mod could check my account and see why a (relatively small) extra charge has been applied to my July bill. Well to be exact the discount has been lowered (i'm supposed to be paying £59.25 until September. There's no indication on the bill to explain the unexpected change. Thankyou.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi daveeb, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am sorry to hear your bill is higher than expected. On your package section of the bill, can you check to see if a promotional discount is coming to an end in the next 30 days?

If so, due to the charge being for the month ahead, this would be partially charged on this months bill. 

Please let us know what you see on the bill. 

Thank you, 

Nat

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is the amount £7.50 by any chance?

VM failed to take the Direct debit and hit me with this late fee, mod not helpful here so went to WhatsApp and advisor there credited the amount back.

Seems to be a pattern

No it's not that in this instance. If someone with account access could look for me that would be great.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi daveeb, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here on the Community. 

I am sorry to hear your bill is higher than expected. On your package section of the bill, can you check to see if a promotional discount is coming to an end in the next 30 days?

If so, due to the charge being for the month ahead, this would be partially charged on this months bill. 

Please let us know what you see on the bill. 

Thank you, 

Nat

Hi Natalie thanks for replying.

My July bill for £61-36 says I have promotions and discounts to the value of £17.64. It then lists them.

£3 ending 14/8/23   £11 ending 14/8/23    £5.75 ending 14/8/22  These should add up to £19.75

My June bill for £59-25 had the same 3 discounts but the total discount was correctly shown as £19.75

Having just read this back I suspect the £5.75 discount has maybe been pro-rated, would that be correct if that is what has happened ?

Thanks

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, you have a discount ending during the billing period which is pro-rated and will be fully off on your next monthly bill, meaning your bill will increase by £3.64 and stay there until we’ll into 2023.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Natalie and Ernie. Now that I've delved into the small print it's fairly obvious. I think I took the original agent, who gave me the discount, a bit too literally when they said my charge wouldn't go up until September.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi daveeb, 

Thanks for getting back to me and thank you to Ernie_C. 

Yes it does look to be that the £5.75 discount ending is the reason for the increase this month. If you do wish to review your package/price with us, please do get in touch with the team on 0345 454 1111 / 150.

Please let us know if we can assist further. 

Take care, 

Nat