cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged for Volt

seanxyz
Tuning in

Hi

I reach end of contract and after many chat messages decided to upgrade my package to Ultimate Volt (6th February). The deal I agreed was £85 for Broadband, TV, phone AND the O2 contract. 

Happy with this deal I later received my first bill and it was £85 from Virgin Media and £25 from O2. I knew O2 would be billing separately but did not know Virgin would be charging this amount. I was assured my total for all services would be £85 and I have screenshots of my chat messages. I was expecting £60 from Virgin and £25 from O2 - the same price plan offered to new customers. 

After seeing my first bill I contacted Virgin Media call centre (3rd March) and spoke to a person who understood the issue and said he would correct my bill payments. This person also said they would send me from WiFi pods. Weeks have passed and no WiFi pods have arrived and I have just received my latest bill and there is no change.

I called again yesterday and it was another waste of time conversation - I have experienced many in the last 2 months. The person I spoke to claims there was no record of my previous phone call! How is that possible?

Can someone from the billing team contact me to rectify this? I am losing patience - phone lines have been helpless and the WhatsApp messages are the same.

10 REPLIES 10

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi seanxyz,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to see there's been some confusion over the package and pricing.

So I can take a closer look at this I'll need a few more details from you, I've popped you over a private message for this (purple envelope, top right hand corner)

Alex_Rm

bencowp
Tuning in

Hi Sean,

It seems like I'm having a very similar issue to you; could you let us know whether you get a resolution? And if so, how you managed it?

Thanks,
Ben

Hi Ben

Alex_Rm (above) messaged me and the matter is resolved. Fingers crossed my next bill reflects what has been discussed. 

Good luck with your issue. Phone calls and online chat were many hours wasted for me.

pauljconner
Joining in

Yep. Same here. Renewed my package from Oomph to Volt and was told a total of £152.50 but one DD of £25 to O2 and balance DD from Virgin. 1st bill this week - £152.50 from Virgin + £25 O2. Not sure if this is an error or mis-selling. Either way I’m not happy! 

Hi @pauljconner

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community. 

I am sorry to hear of the issues with your billing since upgrading.

Have you now got the O2 SIM card?

Just to clarify, were you advised you would be charged for O2 and Virgin Media on one bill?

Please pop back to me when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

I was told I had to sign up to a separate DD with O2 for £25 and the balance would be DD with Virgin for a total discounted price of £152.50. 
Instead I have been billed the full £152.50 from Virgin and £25 from O2 totalling £177.50! 

on WhatsApp all day at the moment trying to resolve. 

Okay thank you @pauljconner

I am going to send you a private message so I can look into this in more detail for you.

Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can. 

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

pauljconner
Joining in

Seems to be an epidemic of this! Same happened to me. Either the staff have been given the wrong information or there is a system issue in the way the billing is set up. I have paid £152.50 this week and a DD to O2 of £25 as well! They have said it has been rectified but I will pay:

For your next bill that will be £152.50 will be due on 6/06/22, for your second bill it will be £27.55 due on 4/07/22 and the next bill is £79 due on 2/08/22 and for the sim card of £25 a month until the end of your contract.

Can’t understand how this has got so messy?

Hope you get sorted. 

Paul

How did you get this sorted? Through the DM’s from the team  I have been told that I am in the wrong, even though multiple times on the phone the price being split was confirmed by different people, even stating how it was going to be split.