cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged bill

pdormer
Tuning in

I've been severely overcharged for a bill. I am supposed to be paying £99 a month but have received a bill of £207.23. I cannot continuously make this payment and it is not what was agreed too. How does this get sorted?

11 REPLIES 11

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Comparing this high bill with the previous bill, what is the increase attributed to?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there pdormer, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

Sorry about the bill issues, can I ask on your recent bill breakdown, is the amount strictly showing on the monthly rate or are there any extra charges?

Let us know,

Kain

pdormer
Tuning in

Was charged double for my bill this month. Would like to know why

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @pdormer

Thanks for your reply! Have you been able to check for the itemised bill breakdown? This should offer some reasoning behind an increased bill. Please do keep us updated.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It's says that it's usage charges but as far as I know I haven't overused any of the things it says uses that.

And last month's bill it was zero and I haven't done anything differently.

I have changed my plan for my broadband recently so I'm not sure what's gone wrong.

It says usage charges is what is being taken out on top of the bill. But I never got that for my first month on the new plan and I haven't over used anything or done anything differently to warrant these charges.

Hi there @pdormer

Thank you for checking for us and I am so sorry to hear that this has happened with your bill. 

I'd be happy to take a closer look for you via a PM. I'll pop one across now. 

Please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

pdormer
Tuning in

I've posted this already a few times and I'm not getting the help I need I was overcharged for my bill and I want it to be gone. It was a usage charge and I have never been charged a usage charge.

I've been told to private message but when I do I get ignored

I cannot pay out this money and if it is not sorted I will have to leave virgin.

It's ridiculous that I was given a price then without telling me overcharge double the amount.

Please anyone help, this whole situation is messed up and I don't want to deal with it again

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@pdormer 

I have merged your multiple threads as creating multiple threads gives you less chance of being dealt with.

Have you located the PM from @Ashleigh_C  and responded to it?

That is the step you should take.

You need to understand that this forum does not provide immediate responses and Ashleigh may well have gone off shift.

Be patient and you will get your answer.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks