cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overcharged after upgrading service - three hours call no help from customer service

Luciagarre
Tuning in

After a lot of problems with the wifi service, many engineers came home without any improvement,  my household gave the last change to Virgin Media, and we upgrade the plan, (because we though that was the amount of Mb maybe the problem). 

we upgrade from 300mb to 1gb

AS THE PAGE SAID WHEN I DID THE OK WE ARE PAYING FOR 4 MONTHS 56POUNDS FOR THE SERVICE. 

but they are charging us 83 pounds for the service, it is clearly a fraud because from phone customer service they said they can't give a refund and from the chat the said that's the money they are charging. 

is the same you go to the supermarket and the price says 10 and you go to pay and they charge you 20. no make any sense to treat customers without any respect.

I am clearly telling this story to everyone I know so that they don't fall for this scam again.

please i need someone to help me to deal with this problem.

WhatsApp Image 2022-05-27 at 9.38.35 AM.jpeg

7 REPLIES 7

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Luciagarre, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am very sorry to hear your package price is not showing the same amount that was offered online. 

When was the package changed please? If this was within the last 14 days, you do have the right to cancel the agreement and revert back to your original package. 

When upgrading, did you receive any confirmation via email/letter of the package? Did this show the correct price?

Please let us know and we will be happy to assist further. 

Thank you,

Nat

Hi Natalie, thanks a lot of the response, 

the change was made the 20 of may, we receive the new modem, one week ago aprox. 

I receive an email confirmation with the price I saw in the website as you can see in the photo

This is the email recieved

let me know how to proceed, thanks!

I replyed in another post so I can attach the photo again. thanks

"Hi Natalie, thanks a lot of the response,

the change was made the 20 of may, we receive the new modem, one week ago aprox.

I receive an email confirmation with the price I saw in the website as you can see in the photo"

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply. 

Unfortunately, I am afraid the photo has not come through for me. 

Was this of the email or the offer on the website please? If it was the email, please try posting again but be sure to leave out any personal/financial/account information. 

Have you spoken to the team to discuss the package at all? 

Thanks 

Nat

Hi Natalie 

Thanks for the answer ,

I saw the offer in the website, accessing from my account to upgrade my package and, the I have the possibility to upgrade to 500mg and to 1gb. Finally I chooses 1gb. I didn't talk with a sales person about this. I only follow the instructions virgin media website gave me. 

When all the process was finished this email was sent 

Screenshot_20220602_111700.jpg

 hope this help to clarify. 

As the email says for 3 months we will be paying 58 but virgin media charge us 88 the first month and they don't want to gave the money back or discount the money next month I think is abuse. 

Hi Luciagarre

Thanks for coming back to us. I shall send you a PM now to assist further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John, can I ask how to send a on in this platform, thanks!