Menu
Glenn-J
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Overcharged On First Bill

Hi, just joined on Vivid50 rolling monthly contract, my service went live on Febuary 5th.

A bit of background first, on 29th of January a rep from Virgin called me and he said he'd waive the £45 Flexi Fee, so I paid the £25 activation fee and he set up my account and arranged for an engineer visit to set me up on Febuary 5th.

On Febuary 13th I got my bill due to be paid by March 5th, the bill was wrong, I was being charged the £45 flexi fee, the bill was for £115.13....it should be £70.13.

I called Virgin yesterday and explained that the flexi fee was waived by the rep and gave him the details, the cs guy checked and said he'd remove £45 from my bill.

I went to check today and saw in my virgin media that my bill amount was still £115, I called Virgin again today and a lady said my bill was £160.13!!!

She checked and seems the cs guy from yesterday charged me £45 instead of crediting me £45 and on top of that I now had a warning that my account was suspened because I was over my credit limit of £130.

The cs lady said she'd fix it and remove £90 from my bill, I can now see that under adjustments in my virgin media under my bills that there is a discount correction -£90 with todays date, but my bill still says £115.13.

Why hasn't my bill amount changed or been updated ?, please help as I don't want to pay my bill until it's fixed. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Overcharged On First Bill

Be aware that Virgin Media services are charged a month in advance, so your first bill will be a part month charge from service start to your normal billing date plus the advance charges for the following month.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports/Cinema (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, 350M BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
0 Kudos
Glenn-J
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi nodrogd, I'm aware of that, the £70.13 it should be is for this month and for a month in advance.

Again I ask why hasn't my bill amount came down to £70.13 after the -£90 adjustment today ?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The bill is already generated. The £90 will be credit on the acc that will be used to pay future bills now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Glenn-J
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Shafreya, I hope that's not the case, it's completely unacceptable.

I'm only at this address temporarily, maybe a few months, so you're saying I have to pay for this first month plus 2 1/2 months in advance, all because virgin don't know their backside from their elbow.

So I have to pay the wrong bill amount of £115.13 or my account will be in trouble ?, then the credit only gets used on my next bill.

Only with virgin a week and I'm utterly disgusted and furious already. Smiley Mad

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Glenn-J, welcome to our community forums.

I am sorry to hear about the situation. Unfortunately as advised our bills are generated in advance and provided to you in enough time to ensure that you are aware of the expected bill amount and charges before payment is due to be taken.

We treat the online billing the same way we would treat paper billing in that once the bill has been produced and is available to view on your online account we wouldn't make any amendments to it.

Any changes to the balance on the account would be reflected on your next bill, to also avoid any confusion the payment due would be the one that is on your latest bill, this is partly to ensure that if there are any issues with bills in the future, both you and ourselves can check and confirm that the payments match the amounts that you've been billed.

I can certainly appreciate the frustration of the situation, you will find however that your future bills will reflect any credits applied after the bill has been produced.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos