Menu
skunk_monkey
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Over 1hr in queue to upgrade contract?

I've been on the phone over 1hr to renew contract... Screenshot_20190903-190416.png

Do I give up or keep at it.. 

0 Kudos
Vincenzo
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Over 1hr in queue to upgrade contract?

I've been on the phone for well over an hour myself on hold to discuss contract, but as I wanted to leave I suspect I will be holding for ever!!!

I used the 345 454 1111 number for Concord Business Park, as the 150 landline number is always engaged!

Extremely poor service, I have given given up now, ...... but I'll be back!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi skunk_monkey and Vincenzo,

Thanks both for posting. I am sorry for the hold times. We're busier than normal and do endeavour to answer your call asap. I do fully understand the frustration though.

Have you both managed to speak to the team since posting?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Vincenzo
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi John_GS,

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.
I did managed at last, after several attempts again today, to get through using 150 on the landline, but even after making contact the person I spoke to had to put me through to yet another number to 'discuss my contract', as he was obviously not able to deal with me.
I then had to wait again on hold for around 30 min, despite the fact I had asked the first person if I was going to be waiting a long time again, to which I was told (twice!) that I would be put through in 3 or 4 mins, which of course I guessed was not going to happen!

The second chap I spoke to (Krishna) was very good and helpful, and although in the end I decided to finish my contract, I would certainly consider him to be the kind of customer service representative I would expect to be dealing with from a large company like Virgin Media, as he knew what he was doing and not just reading info off a screen.

It does amaze me though, (although it shouldn't!) that no attempt in any way is ever made to keep loyal customers unless you decide to leave, then all the stops are pulled out to try and reduce your bill to keep you!
I have been a cable customer for around 17 years, from the Telewest days, but up until recently I didn't have any choice for getting good Broadband speed other than from Virgin Media, (to be fair, the Broadband connection has been very good over the years) but now that there is a decent Fibre connection in my area I will move to that and save a lot more money.

However, I'm not naive enough to believe that nowadays there are any Media or Energy Suppliers, Banks or Insurance companies that really care at all about keeping their existing customers, or indeed having a good easily contactable customer service department, so for my phone and Broadband I'm willing to take a gamble and try elsewhere, ..... you never know, I might get a surprise, ..... but I'm not holding my breath!

Regards,
Vince.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

My apologies for the call experience. 

I am also sorry you're leaving us Vincenzo.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos