cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside box cover missing

Ricam
Joining in

Hi i own a flat which was previously rented out. The outside cable cover is missing. As the property is empty and the tenants are long gone  is there anyway of getting a plastic cover attached? 

94 REPLIES 94

Dune7
Joining in

Hi, would it be possible to also help me out with the outside grey box cover please? The wiring is really exposed and looks bad. The half round box back plate is screwed to the wall but cover is missing.

thank you 

Hi Dune7,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you that the brown omni box cover has come off, this is something I can help get replaced.

I will be more than happy to help, so I can access your account I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

TinaLewis29
Joining in

Hi my outside box cover is missing leaving all the wires exposed.

Regards

Tina

Hello TinaLewis29 and Happy New Year.

Sorry to hear about the missing cover outside, can you tell us whether you're experiencing any faults at the moment or is it just the cover that's off? Is the cover still there but not attached? 

Thanks,

Lisa

Hi Lisa

No faults the cover has gone missing. Am I able to buy a replacement?

Regards 

Tina

I'm going to send you a Private Message so I can grab some details and take a look. Please reply back to it:)

Thanks,

Lisa

Update: Thanks to great service by the monitors of this forum, the ugly broken grey box with missing cover and sprawling wiring was replaced with a shiny new smaller white one.

A couple of issues due to not having a Virgin account at the property as it was between tenants and the previous account holder not authorising the change but that was resolved by the Virgin assigned agent setting up a non account holding job for the techs doing the work.

A happy helpful tech arrived did the work without needing me around and left with a neat and tidy new smaller white sleek box and hidden wiring.

This forum is definitely the way to go for help and personal offline correspondence was regular, helpful and got the job done. Thanks very much.

denby5
Joining in

Hi,

I too have a similar issue, I moved into a newbuild property and the virgin wiring is all exposed, all other houses have the omni boxes installed to cover up all the wiring. I wondered if you could help with the issues as it seems our property has been missed.

Thanks,

Chris

Shrekwatcher
Tuning in

Hi, my outside box is also missing and currently being rained on. There are also quite a few bare exposed wires and our internet has been cutting out intermittently as of late. Please can I get a PM to discuss this further?

Hi denby5,

Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear the wiring is all exposed.

I've not been able to locate any account details for you, if you can pop me over a private message with your address details I can arrange for someone to sort this 🙂

Alex_Rm