cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outside box cover missing

Ricam
Joining in

Hi i own a flat which was previously rented out. The outside cable cover is missing. As the property is empty and the tenants are long gone  is there anyway of getting a plastic cover attached? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the reply..

It has bare wires sticking out and looks bad.

I doubt it is a hazard but it simply needs a plastic cover.  Seems daft to remove all the wiring myself for a full replacement having to be put in should a future tenant opt for virgin.

I would guess it would cost virgin more in the long run. 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

94 REPLIES 94

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ricam wrote:

Hi i own a flat which was previously rented out. The outside cable cover is missing. As the property is empty and the tenants are long gone  is there anyway of getting a plastic cover attached? 

If you are a Virgin account holder this is a free repair as part of your rental payment. If however the connection is disused, then unless it is causing a hazard it is unlikely to get fixed.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply..

It has bare wires sticking out and looks bad.

I doubt it is a hazard but it simply needs a plastic cover.  Seems daft to remove all the wiring myself for a full replacement having to be put in should a future tenant opt for virgin.

I would guess it would cost virgin more in the long run. 

Hello Ricam, 

Welcome to our community forum,  it's great to have you on board. 

I'm sorry to hear that the omni box case is missing and I have sent you a private message so I can take a closer look at the situation to see what we can do for you. 

Thanks, 

Dean

Hi.I had Virgin installed at Christmas but the engineer hasn't put a outside box cover on,any chance one could be posted out?

Hi Macca72, 

Thanks for your post  🙂

We can certainly help with this, I've popped you over a private message so we can arrange a time slot for this.

Alex_Rm

Hello! I have the same issue - some builders working on a house next door have damaged the cover for our box and now the wires are exposed to the street/elements. Is it possible to get a new one sent out to us? 

Thank you!

Hi emmaponline,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear about what has happened. 

To look into this further I will send you a private message. 

^Martin

Hi,

The plastic cover for my external wiring box is missing, is there any way to receive a replacement?

Thanks

Hey tvd,

Thanks for heading over to the community to report this to us.

I'm sorry to hear that your omnibox cover is missing.

I will send you over a PM so we can discuss this from there.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth