cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outrageous price increase

Quorny
On our wavelength

I got a letter from Virgin today telling me from 1st May my medium package is rising by £12 A MONTH yes, a month. They didn't even try to justify it. The service has got worse with ITVX being taken off the catch-up service and a lot of programmes being taken off too. It's absolutely terrible. 

8 REPLIES 8

jem101
Superstar

@Quorny wrote:

I got a letter from Virgin today telling me from 1st May my medium package is rising by £12 A MONTH yes a month. They didn't even try to justify it. The service has got worse with ITVX being taken off the catch up service and alot of programmes being taken off too. It's absolutely terrible 

OK, but this is a two way process, VM can demand you pay, well whatever they want, but on the other hand, you don’t have to accept it and can cancel and find an alternative, yes?

Quorny
On our wavelength

Your right and when I've done some research I'll leave

Hi @Quorny, thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear of your disappointment with the increase in price.

As per the post from @jem101, if you're unhappy with the price rise, we do offer all customers the opportunity to leave the service without penalty.

We always balance our prices with the need to continue investing in our network, products and services.

Like many businesses, we’re experiencing rising costs due to inflation. We are not immune to rising costs, primarily due to wider economic changes from rising inflation.

We’re also seeing growing demand for data – with usage growing by more than 10% each year. Last year, we invested more than £2bn in our networks, which contributed to average broadband speeds increasing more than 40%, while helping to make sure our customers stayed connected and were able to keep using our services more and more.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

In Virgins defence, everyone’s putting prices up.

My Sky bill was going up £10 and while those under contract can leave their BB service if the price rises, they can’t leave their TV service without a penalty.

Quorny
On our wavelength

So David bn it's like pay it or leave. Nice. This is just a case of putting g prices up under the "rising costs" banner. £12 though maybe a couple of pounds but £12..... I have basically freeview with a few Sky Channels , phone line and broadband So nothing extravagant.  I already have to phone up and barter for a discount every year this price rise will make my monthly Direct Debit to £66. As previously mentioned the catch up tv is getting worse and ITV has gone completely.  Really not happy

@Quorny wrote:

So David bn it's like pay it or leave. Nice. This is just a case of putting g prices up under the "rising costs" banner. £12 though maybe a couple of pounds but £12..... I have basically freeview with a few Sky Channels , phone line and broadband So nothing extravagant.  I already have to phone up and barter for a discount every year this price rise will make my monthly Direct Debit to £66. As previously mentioned the catch up tv is getting worse and ITV has gone completely.  Really not happy

Exactly.

How much have you been complaining to your gas and electricity suppliers?

How about your supermarkets?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Quorny wrote:

The service has got worse with ITVX being taken off the catch-up service and a lot of programmes being taken off too.

ITV-X is available to all V6 & TV360 customers, any complaints about programmes being removed are best directed at the broadcasters.

The decision to launch the ITV-X branded app is also an ITV one, not a Virgin Media one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Quorny
On our wavelength

I have the ITV-X app on my smart TV which means I have to put up with the incessant adverts on Virgin before ITV-X came along you could watch ITV programmes on Catch Up minus the adverts. I see that everyone is more than happy then to be ripped off then. As for complaining to the energy companies not alot can be gone about that apart from doing Putin in , at least ghe government subsidised the bill for 6 months. Very doubtful they will for this monster direct debit