Menu
generalfoz
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Outbound retentions

Hi there, i have recently had to cancel my service as a result of a very uncompetitive deal from your retentions team. The cancellation was processed over a week go. I would be keen to speak to someome for your outbound team but have not received a call. You someone please arrange for call back request to be lodged with the outbound sales team.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outbound retentions

Having cancelled, there is no guarantee that you will receive a call from Outbound Retentions.

I would make provision with another supplier.

Virgin Media are aware of your expectations through your discussions with Retentions and may not be in a position to offer you anything more than they already have.

Of course, you are welcome through your 30 days cancellation period to further discuss with Retentions.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
generalfoz
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

thank you ernie, i have searched these forums quite extensively and am aware that a request can be made to the outbound team to contact the customer. I am asking that this request is made.

I am aware there is no guarantee that outbound will automatically contact you. Unfortunately Virgin have created this situation when the customer has no confidence in accepting the deal offered by retentions as superior deals tend to be offered by outbound sales. That is just the way it is.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You have misread.

A request can be made for Outbound Retentions to call again but only if they have already tried to contact you. In your case, they have not (yet) contacted you, perhaps because they have nothing to offer you.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
generalfoz
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

"perhaps" - but who knows

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi generalfoz

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us and welcome to the community.

You're half right, a request can be made but ONLY when the Outbound team have called a customer first and a call has been missed. @Ernie_C was absolutely right there.

We are unable to ask them to call customers who have not been contacted by them in the first instance,.

My apologies.

They do not call every customer. They don't even call a quarter of our customer base who are leaving. The ones who are called are pre-selected on our system based on offer availability and current marketing options, plus I'm sure other logistical factors which I am unaware of on the forums.

Fingers crossed they do call you as you obviously want them to but sadly we are unable to pro actively request this on your behalf.

Kindest regards.

Kaz

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"