Menu
Highlighted
smarty0007
Tuning in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Outbound retentions

Hi if any one can help me get in contact with the outbound retentions team would be greatly appreciated. 

I am on a mates rate deal which Is finishing in 30 days after ringing numerous times being told to email different mates rate departments which I did and the emails just bounce and also being told I would be called within 24hrs no call back. So I handed in my notice. A friend of mine not on mates rate deal got a better deal than I am being offered??? How does that work. Someone told me the outbound team can/maybe/will offer a better deal so can a mod please put me in contact with someone thank you 

0 Kudos
stoo_77
Dialled in
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Outbound retentions

Hi

As far as I am aware there is no way of contacting outbound retentions.  They May or May not contact you at any point within your notice period with a one time offer.  If you do not accept that offer at that time there is no way of getting a second chance.  The only certain way of any offer is from 150 on your VM landline and the option of thinking of leaving us (inbound retentions).

Stoo

==================
Broadband:- VIVID 200
TV:- Mix Tv (Tivo V6)
Phone:- Talk More Anytime
Mobile:- 2 x 30 day sim
0 Kudos
smarty0007
Tuning in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I hope a moderator on here can help😀fingers crossed🤞

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@smarty0007wrote:

I hope a moderator on here can help😀fingers crossed🤞

No they cant. The outbound retentions calls are made according to what the pooter says.

Mods have no input to the process.

0 Kudos
smarty0007
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Ok ta hope it' in a good mood in this cold weather then😀😀

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi smarty0007

Thanks for getting in touch Smiley Happy

Did you get a call? I know the OB retention's teams work from a system that allocates a small pre selected percentage of customers to target with their offers and we cannot ask them to call unless the system selects you for this. The ones we can chase here are those that have received a call and  missed this.

Let us know how you got on Smiley Happy

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
smarty0007
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Nobody called yet. My friend is on exactly the same deal as me and just renewed but is  paying less than I am being offered and I am supposed to get a mates rate discount??

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey smarty0007

The difference being Mates Rates is an ongoing discount for life and the Outbound retention's offers are usually 12 or 18 month offers with no guarantee that you'd be eligible again in the future for another OB offer.

Sadly if you've not had an original call fro the teams we are unable to ask them to call you Smiley Sad

Kind regards.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Zoe11031990
Joining in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi is there any chance you can help. I received a phone call from them and said can I think about the offer and he said he would save it on the system. But when I rang back to take the offer no deal on the system

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Zoe11031990,

Sorry about this experience,

In this case it would be best to get in touch with our customer relations team who will do their best to help if you're thinking of staying with us.

You can reach the team on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or 0345 454 1111, option 1 then 4. Line are open between 8am and 8pm, Monday - Friday and between 8am and 6pm, Saturdays.

Best,

Michael_JK
Forum Moderator

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos