cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outbound Retention Tean

MJ22
Joining in

Can someone help,

I realised that I was being overcharged by VM and when shopping around I saw that the cost for a BB and Landline connection was much cheaper elsewhere. 

When I advised that I wanted to leave (after 20+ years) the outbound retention team called and said that they note how long I have been a customer and wish to make me an offer. They asked what I had been quoted and said that they could come within £3 of my offer. Given the overall good service I had from VM, I said that I wanted to consider and asked that the outbound called who sounded Geordie call back the following day, which he said he would. Asked if he could put offer in writing and was advised that they were not allowed to put in email on discuss over the phone.

I have waited for over a week for a follow up call. When I have spoken to the 0345....1111 *4 *4 retention team number they say, that they have no record of the conversation and the best contract/deal they could offer is £10 less a month than the amount I am on. 

No one would confirm or deny that such people exist. I wanted to accept the agents offer and now I am being denied that right. 

I would appreciate some help here.

3 REPLIES 3

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Outbound Retentions are a different group than Retentions you can access.

Appreciating they suggested a call-back, this may not have happened because they no longer were able to offer you the deal they offered before.

Outbound Retentions are take it or leave it at the time.

Assuming you have already contracted elsewhere, all you can do now is wait for a call that may never come and enjoy your new service and price with your new supplier.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The problem is they dont tell you in the call, its now or never. They promised to call back the following day so I could consider, how is this legitimate business?

Hey @MJ22,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't yet been called back by the team, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you to see what is happening with your account but I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.

Regards,
Steven_L