cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of options

Jazmak
Joining in

I was planning to move house at the end of last year and had contacted Virgin to move my package over to the new property. It was made explicitly clear to me that my contract would not renew and I made no other changes to my package other than moving house.

Ultimately I ended up not moving house and cancelled the movement of my services. However, Virgin for some reason against my wishes has renewed my contract for another 18 months despite the fact that I never agreed to this, I didn't make any changes to my service or the price, and was told this would not happen (they also charged me an extra £12 for no reason on one of my bills).

I made an official formal complain on the 20th January 2023, received a response that said I had to phone in to resolve it.

I've spent the last 4+ hours on the phone with first line support that cannot help me and apparently my waver of the early termination fee was declined by "the credit team", and no one I talk to is able to escalate this to someone who can resolve this and I all I want to do is cancel my Virgin Media services without being charged the early termination fee that I should not have to pay.

Virgin has also now decided to close my complaint as well.

I'm completely out of options and if something doesn't get resolved within the 8 week period since I first made my complaint (20th January), I will be filing a complaint with the Ombudsman.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Jazmak,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your house move and the new contract that shouldn't have been done, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Why give them another chance?  This isn't unusual.

I wouldn't give them the time at all but according to the Ombudsman website, I have to wait at least 8 weeks or get a "deadlock" letter before I can make a complaint.

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Jazmak,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your house move and the new contract that shouldn't have been done, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L