cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of contract - renewal seems expensive, what do you think?

alistairgd
Up to speed

My contract expired last October so I phoned today and was offered the same package at a reduced price of 91.99

Virgin TV V6 Box, Powered By TiVo, Maxit TV, Personal picks, Kids Pick
M250 Fibre Broadband
Talk Mobile 2 Talk More Evenings and Weekends Telephone Line Rental

I don't have a landline so the phone stuff is not required.
Don't know or need Maxit TV, Personal picks, Kids Pick

£91.99 seems a lot for basic telly and 250Mb internet...?

Any views?

Thanks.

20 REPLIES 20

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there alistairgd,

Thanks for your post and welcome back to the community.

To clarify is that for the same package?

Regards,

Kain

Yep, like I posted  above, it’s the same package. 

Phone retentions and cancel your contract. Pretty sure they'll ring you in a couple of days and offer you something better.

Your offer sounds poor. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM's telephony products attract generous multibuy discounts, so it's often cheaper to have them than not. Your decision whether you use them or not.

Maxit is top-tier TV, so if you only want "basic telly" then that's potentially unnecessary. Do an audit of the channels you watch, and see if the base-tier Mixit will suffice.

The channel guide is at the bottom of https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/tips-and-tricks/virgin-tv-channel-guide 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

This is very helpful, I will consider the TV channels, I could probably move down to Full House without any pain at all.

Do you happen to know what the cooling off period after signing a new contract is as I am not going to be able to deal with this for another week or so.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Full House is a legacy product no longer sold. There are now 2 TV tiers - Mixit & Maxit, with the Personal Picks option providing some grey area in the middle.

Statutory cooling off is 14 days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the response there,

As advised above get in touch with our team to see whether they can re-negotiate the package for you and look at package options.

Regards,

Kain

Hi Kain

Thanks for this. Which team are you recommending I get in touch with to negotiate a more competitive package?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@alistairgd wrote:
Which team are you recommending I get in touch with to negotiate a more competitive package?

Almost certainly Retentions. 150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone, and choose the "thinking of leaving us" options.