cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Out of contract, need WiFi sorting

wchuk74
Dialled in

My friends are currently out of contract, would love a new deal, but they have had WiFi problems forever and vm never sorted anything or even admit a problem, emailed chief execs and get ignored, where can they get things sorted or at least get someone to ring them to talk thru options 

8 REPLIES 8

wchuk74
Dialled in

I have tried on several occasions to sort my account, even gone to the chief execs office who seem to be as useful as well, they aint

come September I lose two loyalty bonuses from my account therefore putting extra charges onto my account which I can’t afford!

No one at vm seems to be able to help, any advice appreciated 

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are their two accounts here having WiFi and pricing issues or just one?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi 

No, the loyalty bonus is my account, the WiFi out of contract issue are my friends

regards

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Re your friend who has two issues:

1. They are out of contract. You can coach them what action to take, given you are on a loyalty discount and you know the route through Retentions.

2. They have broadband issues. I suggest they post about their problem in the appropriate section of this forum, giving as much detail as possible of the issue and what action they have already taken with Virgin Media. The forum staff on here can then get an opportunity to help.

Re your issue of loyalty bonuses dropping off - you know the route through Retentions to re-contract. That can’t be done here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

wchuk74
Dialled in

My friends have tried everything with there hub 3.  They can’t get any signal WiFi upstairs, they have tried various channels and makes no difference.  Vm don’t seem to want to help in any way, they don’t admit there is a problem.

I have there account details if needed, also there out of contract but don’t want to get into another contract till this issue is sorted

any help appreciated

g0akc
Problem sorter

Virgin don’t guarantee WiFi coverage.

They do offer ‘pods’ to extend coverage but likely better to get their own extender, or a mesh system etc.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know a bit about Wi-Fi, Telecoms, and TV as I used to do it for a living but I'm not perfect so don't beat me up... If you make things you make mistakes!

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Ernie_C wrote:

2. They have broadband issues. I suggest they post about their problem in the appropriate section of this forum, giving as much detail as possible of the issue and what action they have already taken with Virgin Media

Indeed so - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Networking-and-WiFi/bd-p/Wireless would be an excellent place to start. Posting multiple new threads across the forum boards (all of which have now been merged together here) is not.

Hi @wchuk74,

Thank you for your posts and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm really sorry to hear that your friends have been experiencing some problems with their Wi-Fi service recently. If they haven't done so already, I'd recommend that your friends who are facing these issues make a post in the section of our forums most relevant to their issues, which would be this one.

From there myself, one of my colleagues, or even members of the community can offer some help and advice to go through some diagnostics and troubleshooting with them to get the matters addressed and resolved ASAP.

If, however, they would rather discuss a potential change in their package then they would need to reach out to our retentions department on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline) as I'm afraid we're unable to do any package adjustments from here.

If there's anything more we can help you with, please let us know.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!