Menu
mitrepooc
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Out Of Contract & Overcharging

Hi,

First post on here 🙂

It seems that 18years & 9 months of subscription to VM's services (not including my Telewest days) counts for nought after my last "tussle" with VM's retention "team" it transpires that anyone who is out of contract are being fleeced to attract new subscribers take these as examples:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/virgin-media-vivid-100-fibre-broadband-talk-weekends-25pm12months-p...

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/virgin-media-vivid-100-ultrafast-broadband-108mb-29pm-12-m-total-34...

Yes I know they are expired deals but they were not before I spoke to retentions

I'm on Vivid 200 broadband only for £44 per month, other people have been luckier than me at "negotiating" a good deal especially this blinding deal:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/virgin-media-retention-deal-350mb-broadband-landline-with-free-week...

I asked retentions could i have this deal please & they said things have changed & their hands were tied etc etc but as a gesture of goodwill they would knock £2 off my bill....I tried to negotiate but they were having none of it.

Why do loyal customers get treated like this? why do i have jump through hoops to get a deal? I feel like a VM cash cow.

I have now started my 30 day notice to leave.

Seems like attitudes have changed within the VM's retentions "team"

Sorry for the rant but i do feel better 🙂

Tim.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Out Of Contract & Overcharging

If you are out of contract you pay the true cost of the service plus subsidise new customers. This is the business model operated by most utilities in the UK, along with insurance providers.

This whole issue is driven by the fact that HM Govt want proof that competition is working in the sector. They gauge this by the amount of people switching providers. Therefore the regulators actively encourage providers to give ridiculusly cheap new customer deals in order to meet their "switching" targets. They make a pretence that they think existing customer deals are unfair, but they never do anything for obvious reasons.

So there you have it. As for loyalty & retentions deals, they are out there but are pretty well throttled. Providers have to make a profit or they go bust or merge. Less providers means less competition.

Need I go on.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

mitrepooc
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thankyou

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Raziel_I
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Tim,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to our community.

We're sorry to hear that you're already cancelling your contract from us. We'll always endevour to offer a deal that you're happy with, however this will depends on what deals available at this time.

You can check our packages exclusively available for existing customer like you without any hassle, check on the link. Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Raziel_I

mitrepooc
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@Raziel_I wrote:

Hi Tim,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to our community.

We're sorry to hear that you're already cancelling your contract from us. We'll always endevour to offer a deal that you're happy with, however this will depends on what deals available at this time.

You can check our packages exclusively available for existing customer like you without any hassle, check on the link. Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Raziel_I

Hi Raziel,

Thanks for your helpful reply, a member from the "proper" retentions team has contacted me and a deal was struck.

I'm now satisfied 🙂

Thanks again.

Tim.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Raziel_I
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You're welcome,Tim. Glad to know you're already satisfied. If you need any further assistance then please let us know.

Raziel_I

0 Kudos