Joining in

I'm also having this problem, please can someone help. Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

VM-Jon
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Jayco450 

welcome to the community.

Please accept our apologies for the difficulties you are having, I would like to take a look at this for you and see what I can do to help. In order to do so I will need a little bit more detail so I will send you a private message.

Thank you

Jon

Here to help! I'm an install manager helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

I'm having the same issue and can't get through on the phone because I don't have an account number.

My delivery date was supposed to be today

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @keviniseborn 

You could try calling the pre-installs team on 0800 052 1734 - they should be able to check what's happening to your order.

They are open  8:00am to 9:00pm  Monday to Friday, and 8:00am to 6:00pm Saturday and Sunday

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi keviniseborn,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear you haven't had the delivery. 

Have you been able to contact the team via the number provided by newapollo?

^Martin

Hi

Someone reached out and informed me it was because of the previous owner not deactivating their account. He also told me to expect a call from virgin media in the coming days.

Thank you so much for the swift support.

Hi Newapollo,

Thanks so much for the info. Someone contacted me and helped identify the issue. Previous owner hadn't cancelled their policy yet so couldn't set mine up.

Very useful to have this number though as I couldn't get through to main one due to not having an account number!

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @keviniseborn 

Thanks for updating the thread.

It's good to see that someone has been in touch. 

It sounds like they'll have to create a "gone away" form  which is the process they use so they can remove the flag from the system preventing your installation going ahead. It happens when the previous occupier hasn't cancelled their account and VM need to try and get an up  to date address for that person so they process that cancellation.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm glad to hear they were able to advise further on this. 

^Martin

Jameslancs
Joining in

I order virgin media yesterday and there is an exciting account at my property witch I have just moved in to I recieved the pre-contracts and summery of my order with at date on it say 06/01/2024 but no contract or anything else