Sololobo
Community elder
Message 11 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Opt out of marketing calls

@Kath_Fwrote:

Hi Sololobo, 

Thanks for your post. Smiley Happy

When cancelling marketing calls, this won't prevent calls regarding issues with your account or complaints. 

Thanks,

I never suggested it did.

But exactly how does a request to cancel marketing calls generate an issue with an account or create a complaint?

Expressing a preference not to be contacted solely for marketing purposes should not be regarded as an issue or a complaint, merely an instruction.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 12 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hey Sololobo

Apologies for the confusion. It does not create an issue, so if this has been the way this has been interpreted I am sorry.

When Kath said:

When cancelling marketing calls, this won't prevent calls regarding issues with your account or complaints. 

She was just advising that having your marketing calls preferences updated does not stop any future based calls we may have to make to discuss a complaint if a customer had one going forwards, or with respect to a customers billing if there's a need for us to speak to them regarding this.

I hope this helps Smiley Happy

Take care.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

TheRobot88
Joining in
Message 13 of 13
Flag for a moderator

God dam virgin media market sales, they are like a broken record they keep offering new packages at 69p a week repeatedly  on the same call an will keep saying to see who get sick of hearing it first. Also other chargers such as installation chargers that they say will get  rid of and still be charged for, they hope you won't notice so that they can get more money out of you. Also rude customer service people who just put the phone down on you when you won't buy all this extra stuff from them. Do they just employ rude people?  I WILL BE MAKING THIS COMPLAINT EVERYWHERE POSSIBLE! 

0 Kudos