Menu
GillPrince
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Open Street Cabinet - urgent

There is a cabinet wide open on the A4 in Thatcham, Berks at the top of Coombe Court.

I've been over and tried to close it but the sealing strip is damaged, it's hammering down with rain, it's pouring off all the cables and given there is power in there I'm not going to try to move things.

Pushed the doors shut as much as possible but this is a path school kids and shoppers use constantly.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Open Street Cabinet - urgent

Thanks for alerting us to this GillPrince and welcome to the Virgin Media community forums.

I have logged this with our cabinet maintenance team and hopefully this can send someone out very soon to fix the cabinet.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
GillPrince
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. We have someone keeping an eye on it in case any of the kids try to investigate.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I just want to say thanks for your efforts to try and secure the cabinet, as you really didn't have to do that but I can tell you that what you have is really appreciated by us.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
GillPrince
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. Your team arrived today and have managed to sort the cabinet out. They are under the impression that the entire cabinet had been distorted due to Council contractors hitting it with mowers when cutting the grass. They have now bashed it back into shape and the doors are securely shut.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for letting us know it's been sorted. 

Please let us know if you have any further concerns regarding our cabinets 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
chris631
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Wow, That is quick.. I have been waiting over a year for Virgin to come and replace missing lock on a cabinet where i am.. they just don't seem to care if all their wires get wet or ripped out.. I have called and got a ref: number and that's as far as it ever goes.. once they told me they have been out and fixed it, but I was standing right beside the cabinet with the door still off when they said it had been fixed as i was talking to them from my mobile.. Virgin has lost the plot, but glad to hear they have at least sorted your cabinet issues.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) David_Pn
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there chris631

We are sorry to hear about the condition of the cabinet and the lengthy delay in resolving.

Just to let you know we have replied to your other post about this issue.

Many thanks. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos