cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oops-the page has timed out error

Koolmacher
Dialled in

I can't access my Virgin Media account after logging in it accepts my details then shows the above error it does this on Windows Edge, Chrome and the Sky Sports App, why?

13 REPLIES 13

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Koolmacher

Sorry to hear this is happening 

We haven't been made aware of any issues with our home page 

How long has this been happening for?

Have you been able to get online before without any error messages?

Gareth_L

I am having the same problem. Trying to sign in to Sky Sports

Hi mwtheplumber,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with signing into your Sky Sports. 

Can you confirm if you are able to access Tv Go fine? And sign into your online account?

^Martin

Yes I can log on to TVgo and it works. The problem is when trying to sign in to watch sky sports.

Hi mwtheplumber, 

Thanks for coming back to us and confirming that you're able to log in to TV Go fine. 

When trying to sign in to Sky Sports, are you using the app or the website? Please ensure that when the log in options come up, you are clicking on Virgin Media before signing in. Once you've clicked on this, it should load a different log in page. 

If you're still having the error message, please let us know the make and model of the device you are using, the OS it's running on and if possible give a screenshot showing the error and we can go from there. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I can log in succesfully on my Android mobile phone but not on my laptop. Dell Inspiron 16 17610 running Windows 11 Pro Version 10.0.22621 Build 22621.2022-10-03.jpg

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @mwtheplumber 

It's good to see that you can log in using your app, this appears to be the best forward at present.

There are often problems with VM pages using Chronium based browsers.

I see you are using Firefox. Have you tried opening a new private window?  Control + Shift + P

I would also suggest trying Chrome or Edge, again if you get errors open an incognito window, or clear your browser cache.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

In Edge I get this. 2022-10-03 (1).jpg

OK, using an Icognito Window in Edge works. A bit of a pain, dn;t know why things can't just work normally but this is a work around.

Thanks for you help