cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online package upgrades being actioned?

DavidQ
Joining in

I've had the option to update to the Mix Bundle showing in "my upgrades and offers" for a while now. The extra upload bandwidth would help with WFH so I ordered the upgrade online on 1st October.

Other than the initial acknowledgement email I received no communication, so on Sunday I checked against "my orders" in my virgin media and nothing was there.

Placed the order again on Sunday. This time I got an email asking me to ring 0800 064 3830 as more information was needed. Did that this morning. The person I spoke to tried to help, but said she couldn't give me the online price for the Mix Bundle, so she transferred me to retentions. After 30 minutes on hold I gave up.

Is this just a case of there being a pandemic going on and I shouldn't have too high expectations, or are online upgrades normally being actioned?

Thanks for any help the forum team can give.

David

26 REPLIES 26

Thanks for chatting with me Martin and allowing me to sort this for you

Let me know how the delivery goes or if you need further help

Have a good weekend!

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Good afternoon, I am having a very similar problem. I work at an Employer where I can get a discount via VirginPartners, I applied for it, got the following email:
Online order reference: VM8150775368,

Hello,

Thanks again for choosing Virgin Media.

Due to the coronavirus (Covid-19) situation, our processing centres are incredibly busy at the moment. This means there are currently delays to our deliveries.

We can’t say for certain when your order will be with you, but rest assured that we’ll let you know as soon as possible.

We really appreciate your patience and understanding.

Should you wish to speak to a member of our team regarding your order then please contact us on 0800 952 2298, Mon - Fri 9am - 5pm.

Broadband and TV M500  

Get 7,500 WOW Points with this bundle

£45 package price per month

£35 set-up fee applies

18 month contract

Then 1 day later I got the following email:

Online order reference: VM8150775368

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting Virgin Media about getting some of our services. It's great to hear you're thinking of joining us!

We'd like to talk to you to as it appears that some information that we need to process your order was missing. 

Should you wish to speak to a member of our team regarding your order then please contact us on 0800 479 4444, Mon - Sat 9am - 5pm. 

We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

So I called the number was past to 3 teams without them knowing what to do besides "its incomplete and we cant fix it" so they offered me several deals that wasnt even close to this deal.

Then we give up and I tried a seperate order for a smaller package to see if that would help.

They both failed to. Please can you help me, we move in on the first and was trying to get everything setup and ready.

Hi Michaelsalter92

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear of this but we're not able to assist you from here. We cannot process brand new account orders from here, plus if we could as well, you'd not get the sales discount/offer you opted in for. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hey, What do i need to do then? I tried twice online, asks me to call a number who then say they cant help. They just say oh its incomplete, but I cannot assist you as I cannot offer that deal, its an endless circle?

Thanks for coming back to me.

You'll need to either call the team again or place a new order through your own work intranet (or similar system where the offers are)

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Okay I will call and hopefully they wont send me to someone else this time, tried 2 separate orders and both failed. 

Thank you for that. 

Please do keep us posted on that. 

^Martin