cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online package upgrades being actioned?

DavidQ
Joining in

I've had the option to update to the Mix Bundle showing in "my upgrades and offers" for a while now. The extra upload bandwidth would help with WFH so I ordered the upgrade online on 1st October.

Other than the initial acknowledgement email I received no communication, so on Sunday I checked against "my orders" in my virgin media and nothing was there.

Placed the order again on Sunday. This time I got an email asking me to ring 0800 064 3830 as more information was needed. Did that this morning. The person I spoke to tried to help, but said she couldn't give me the online price for the Mix Bundle, so she transferred me to retentions. After 30 minutes on hold I gave up.

Is this just a case of there being a pandemic going on and I shouldn't have too high expectations, or are online upgrades normally being actioned?

Thanks for any help the forum team can give.

David

26 REPLIES 26

Hi @John_GS and thanks for your reply.

The deal I ordered was what was advertised in my "My Virgin Media" offers, screenshot below, and if that deal is still available, at the zero additional monthly and zero activation fee advertised, then I would like to proceed.

However, during subsequent interactions with VM support staff, I was told that I would need to pay a £35 activation fee, as my hub would need to be upgraded.  If that information was available on the system, then why was it not built into the upgrade offer, instead of making an apparently flawed offer and then changing it after I had raised the order(s)?

You will see that there are no asterisks/notes, to point out that additional charges might apply if my hub required an update.  By the way, I have cropped the screenshot to show only the information for this forum, but still have the full version, if that is required. 

Thanks

2020-11-30 (2).png

Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi greyman,

I do apologise for the delay in getting back to you. Thank you for your response, I'd be more than happy to see what we can do for you regarding this offer.

I'll need to see full details of the offer and any other emails you received, but we can do this via private message as there may be perrsonal information included. Once we've cleared account security and discussed any relevant details, I'll do my best to honour what was offered.

Please head to the purple envelope in the top right corner to respond to my message.

Thanks,

Rachael

Thanks for sorting this out for me Rachael

Rachael_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

You're more than welcome! 🙂 I'm really pleased that we were able to resolve this for you and address all the concerns you had.

Please do post again with any issues you may have in the future, or stick around to see if you can help others.

Thanks,

Rachael

Hi

Im having the same problem with my online upgrade offer. Agreed new contract and had all the confirmation email's but no upgrade. Tried this multiple times without success. I have a emails asking to contact the team but the provided number never gets answed. Very frustrating as this all started on 14th December. I probably have been a little too patient thinking it will resolve itself. Can you help please?

Thanks

Hi jd505,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, I am sorry to hear your upgrade hasn't happened, we are unable to arrange or do this via our community you will need to either call 0345 454 1111 or you can try our messaging team , send a text with upgrade to 07533051809.

Reggards

Paul.

Hi Thanks for your reply but the online chat was no help at all. Trying to offer me a deal thats £14 a month more expensive than the upgraded contract i signed up to.

In the end they ended the chat abruptly, very unhappy.

All I ask is for the offer thats being advertised or for the offer to be removed from your websit because its very misleading.

Kind regards

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for taking the time to reply to us @jd505 

Normally we wouldn't be able to assist you with changing the packages from here, however I am very aware that you have tried all other avenues and there might well be a mistake on our end. 

I am going to drop you a PM so that I can get some account information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

I've just had an almost identical issue.

I have an offer on "My Upgrades and Offers" to upgrade my M100 Broadband Only package to add Mixit TV for £2.75 extra per month.

I selected the upgrade, filled out the forms, booked a date for delivery and got a confirmation email from webteam@virginmedia.co.uk

Today, I got an email from webteam with the following message:

Virgin Media 1.JPG

So I phoned up the number given; spoke to an advisor. She didn't seem to know what I was talking about, even when I read the email to her verbatim.

Eventually, she said my request to upgrade must have been "rejected because that upgrade is not available for you". She said she could offer me MAXit Tv, which is gonna cost me £75 a month. I'm not interested in that.

She's adamant that the Mixit TV upgrade is not available to me. Okay. I guess I'll just leave it.

I just checked on My Upgrades and Offers again, expecting maybe that the offer had maybe expired around the time I tried to proceed with it.

Nope. It's still showing as a personalised upgrade option for me.

Virgin Media 2.JPG

So can I, or can I not upgrade to Mixit TV?

Pretty confused now. 

I know you don't normally deal with package chances, but I've obviously tried the call centre route to no avail, and I'm unsure if their inability to help me is just a symptom of them not having the online deals available, whether there is some unseen problem with my account, or whether the Mixit TV is literally just being offered to me in error.

Would it be possible for one of the forum team to help me out?

Hi MartinY

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry about that. I'll help further as it's not something I don't believe you can sort so apologies again.

I'll PM you now to assist further

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill