cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online package upgrades being actioned?

DavidQ
Joining in

I've had the option to update to the Mix Bundle showing in "my upgrades and offers" for a while now. The extra upload bandwidth would help with WFH so I ordered the upgrade online on 1st October.

Other than the initial acknowledgement email I received no communication, so on Sunday I checked against "my orders" in my virgin media and nothing was there.

Placed the order again on Sunday. This time I got an email asking me to ring 0800 064 3830 as more information was needed. Did that this morning. The person I spoke to tried to help, but said she couldn't give me the online price for the Mix Bundle, so she transferred me to retentions. After 30 minutes on hold I gave up.

Is this just a case of there being a pandemic going on and I shouldn't have too high expectations, or are online upgrades normally being actioned?

Thanks for any help the forum team can give.

David

26 REPLIES 26

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi DavidQ, thanks for the message. 

We are sorry to hear about the issues which you have had with the package and we do not do upgrades here as this is a technical forum. 

There are many reasons why we would need to do further checks, online offers and offers over the phone can be different, have we been able to advise what was needed? Chris 

Hi Chris, thanks for picking this up.

No, unfortunately. After ringing the number as requested I wasn't asked for any additional information. I was just asked what package I'd selected via the "my offers and upgrades option" and how much I wanted to pay for it. As per above I stated that I'd ordered the Mix Bundle at the price offered, which with loyalty discount was £55 for the first 18 months. I wasn't asked for any other information. That resulted in the transfer to retentions because the person I spoke to couldn't put the order through at that price.

Not sure how to proceed. Thanks for any help you can give.

David

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to us @DavidQ 

Do you have any anything to show that the package was taken out at the prices? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

Thanks for picking this up Zak.

Yes I have an order confirmation email from webteam@virginmedia.com. Actually two of them, one from when I originally placed the order on 1st October (order no WS7192899) and another from when I placed it again on Sunday (WS7247165) after the original one didn't show up in "my orders".

Thanks for coming back to us DavidQ,

I'd like to take a closer look into this for you to see if we can shed any further light on this for you

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a PM from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Sorry to jump in here, but I've just had a very similar experience when trying to upgrade my broadband speed.  I too received an email asking me to call that 0800 064 3830 number and have since become a little suspicious of its source and purpose.  The source email address looks like a virginmedia address and the number does appear to take me to the VM callcentre, but the wording of the email and the fact that it doesn't refer to me by name and isn't specific about the upgrade does make it look very suspicious.

Could you please confirm, or otherwise, that 0800 0643830 does belong to VM and that this email is an official VM email.

It arrived a few hours after i had ordered the upgrade, via the My Virgin Media available upgrades screen.

Thanks

I've copied the body text of the email below.

Hi there,

Thanks for contacting Virgin Media about making some changes to your account.

We'd like to talk to you to as it appears that some information that we need to process your order was missing. This will help us take the next steps towards getting signed up, so just call our team on 0800 064 3830. We're looking forward to hearing from you!

Kind regards,

The Virgin Media team

EMIW

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @greyman

Thank you for your post. 

I can confirm the number that we have asked you to call isw a virgin media number, It is one of our sales team. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Thanks for that @Zak_M

I did call that number this morning and, unfortunately, the lady that answered claimed that she could not help me, as the Sales team is not able to deal with "free" upgrades and that i would need to add TV to my package to get the 350Mbps service. Then, as appears to be common practice nowadays, the lady in question passed me on to somebody else, retentions i think it was, for yet another long wait that i chose not to suffer.

I've given up now and will stick with my existing contract.

Overall, my recent experience of customer care at VM has not been overly good.

My apologies for the delayed reply @greyman

If you do need further assistance, we're more than happy to help with this. Please let us know if you wish to proceed with the original order.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill