cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Online complaints form

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Relatives of mine have had cause to log an online complaint using https://my.virginmedia.com/my-cases/make-a-complaint but mentioned the form wouldn't work.

I've tried it myself, and sure enough the name, account number & address fields seem blocked out, and the submit link results in a variety of errors.

I've tried this using Chrome v 83.0.4103.116 & Firefox v77.0.1, exactly the same problem so likely a website error.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

11 REPLIES 11

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Those fields are automatically filled in once they have logged into their virgimedia account they can login at https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn, once logged in if they then try the complaints form again it should work.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That would certainly make sense.

As best I can tell, they're signed in when they load the form but then seem to be signed-out once it loads. That's the behaviour I'm seeing too, signed in but load the form and you appear to be signed out.

Perhaps there's some gremlins somewhere that'll get bored later 🙂

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I just did a test and managed to submit a complaint.

Being logged in, the name, account data was input, greyed out but accepted.

75B26C9C-812A-48CC-8164-41AD6342B9FE.png

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@japitts wrote:

As best I can tell, they're signed in when they load the form but then seem to be signed-out once it loads. That's the behaviour I'm seeing too, signed in but load the form and you appear to be signed out.

Does the sign out occur immediately; this can be determined by pressing Ctrl + Shift + R?

Is webmail open in the same browser session and if so what is > Settings > Basic settings > Automatic sign out set to?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So I have 2 tabs open, one "signed in" to the billview page and a second tab on the contact us page. The contact us is quite consistently signed out despite multiple refreshes, while happily clicking around the bills section on the next tab.

Auto sign-out is set to one week.

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That is puzzling, here is what I see (My Bills on left and Make a complaint on right):
2020-06-27.jpeg
Are you seeing this instead:
2020-06-27.jpeg

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Almost - I'm seeing this...

VM_Signed_In_1.JPGVM_Signed_In_2.JPG

用心棒
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The latter image would indicate that you are still signed in; as expected given that My Virgin Media (see your former image) is still signed in.

Without revealing any personal information can you detail the “variety of errors” seen on submission?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Fair question for sure. I've tried a test submission earlier and although everything still looked "signed out" and the personal details section wasn't populated and was blocked from text entries, the form seemed to acept, and on the confirmation page I seemed to be signed back in.

My relative with the complaint has tried it, and got the same behaviour. So someone's changed something, time'll tell...